iPad anyone tried the boxytech.com smart* knockoffs?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by laela, Nov 24, 2013.

1. laela macrumors regular

laela

I'm curious to know how good these knockoffs are for the iPad Air?

BoxyTech masquerades these as the genuine Smart Cover and Smart Cases but I'm pretty sure they are selling knockoffs from China at a cheaper price:

http://www.boxytech.com/apple-device-accessories/ipad-cases-cover-stand-accessory/ipad-air

There's even a 10% off code. I really don't want to pay Apple prices for a flap so if these knockoffs are decent, I'd consider them.

Also, has anyone tried the iPad Air smart cover knockoffs that have the metal spine? I don't want to be scratching my iPad so curious to know how well they work.

Thanks!

2. bkushner macrumors regular

Still pricey for knockoffs. 30$ for a fake Smart Cover?

3. pat park macrumors 6502a

You can get the real Apple smart covers for just $9 more. For that little difference in price, I'd rather just pay the difference and get the Apple cover.

4. laela thread starter macrumors regular

laela

Still 10% off of that and no tax. The smart case is much cheaper than Apple prices too.

There are reports of people getting the stuff for free after complaining that these are fakes.

5. rodti macrumors member

rodti

They're a valiant attempt but not as nice as the Apple ones. Save your cash and get the real thing.

I foolishly thought it was legit when I ordered :mad:

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

How about a more in-depth review?
    Or some pictures?

7. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Yes, please share some photos and speak to the pros and cons. You speak that the case is not as good as the real Smart Case. In what ways? Quality, fit?