Anyone tried the livescribe pen?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jackiecanev2, Dec 7, 2008.

1. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

The beta 1.0 mac software for the livescribe pen is finally out, and I was wondering of anyone had tried it? It's gotten stellar reviews for it's windows counterpart software, but I want to know ifthr mac version works equally as well?

Anyone?

2. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I haven't tried the new pen but TUAW posted a review on it earlier this week.

3. dmcbride macrumors newbie

Have it and love it. I've been using it since August and it has absolutely changed the way I take notes in school for the better. Although I use it in all my CS courses, it has been especially a life saver in philosophy where I often times can not go to a book for help with the philosophical meaning of something.

As for the software...

It is lacking in a ton of areas including functionality and there remains a few bugs (nothing major that I have figured out yet). My biggest gripe has to do with the exporting of sessions to either straight audio, or paper-replay/audio combination (or rather, the inability to...).

With that said, the current release is fully featured enough to warrant buying the pen (you won't regret the purchase at this point)...and newly updated versions are now coming out periodically, so I'd expect my gripes to reside soon.