Anyone tried the Macally Slim Folio?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by AGIPSY, Apr 4, 2012.

1. AGIPSY macrumors regular

2. Benson11 macrumors regular

Benson11

Wow..looks really great and unique. I was unknown of this case so just waiting for more reviews and details. Then wanna try..

3. vjacques macrumors member

my friend got the Folio one and loves it. it basically looks like a very slim rubberized book cover with very minimal plastic snap holders/closure lock and offers 2 viewing angles. folds all the way back perfectly too. very unique case indeed.

4. mrgossett macrumors 6502

In my search for the almost-perfect folio-style case, I have ordered this case from Amazon. I got the STM Grip this week, and I like it a lot. It's very slim and light, fits great, looks good, has good grip when carrying (hence the name), has typing and viewing positions that work well, and the cover folds flat underneath for book-style reading, and stays put when closed with the clasp. The only cons are that my Camera Connection Kit doesn't fit in the dock connector with the iPad in the case (which I should have noticed before I ordered it), the hinge on the typing/viewing props on the back keeps it from laying totally flat on a table (it rocks a little), and the all-plastic case just doesn't feel as nice in use as a different material might. I'm hoping the MacAlly case will allow the camera connector to fit (hard to tell from the pics), it looks like the cover should fold flat underneath when reading, it looks like it has a "spine" like a real book, it has a couple of viewing positions, the cover looks like it will latch when closed, and the material looks OK from the pics. We'll see... If I don't like it, I'll return it to Amazon and keep the Grip.

5. AGIPSY thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome! Looking forward to your impressions.