Anyone tried the no-name headphone adapters on eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LoneWolf121188, Dec 31, 2007.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

There's a ton of generic, no-name headphone adapters on eBay (Link) for super cheap; has anyone tried these? I figure I might as well give it a shot, as they're only $4. It seems like a hard item to screw up.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I would love to find a right angle adaptor. Wonder why was no one came out with one yet?:confused:

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I ordered one from here because their adaptors are flimsy. Also, I tried the two they sold in the Apple store and they were not flimsy and were way too bulky.

4. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

5. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

Except that won't work for those of us who have headphones that use a right angle connector. :(

6. Chris29 macrumors member

???

Forgive the sarcasm, but I had no problem dropping $10 on a 1" Belkin adapter at the Apple store here in town, seeing as I bought a $400 phone paying $1000/year for service... ;)

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=328103

Those are right-angle connectors.

As are my MDR-EX90LPs - and they all have been circumsized with success.

Honest.

8. chopper dave macrumors regular

I've successfully razor-bladed 3 different Sony right-angle connectors. It's a little tight, but it works and hugs the side of the phone perfectly. Don't say it can't be done until you've ruined your headphones!

9. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

i have "circumsized" my Shure e2c's and my e5c's as well. they both work perfect now!

10. danny_w macrumors 601

I bought a straight adapter from eBay and it worked just fine until I somehow lost it. Guess I'll have to order another one. I don't remember now who I got it from though.

11. Jayhawk85 macrumors member

Jayhawk85

i bought a bunch of 'em

I think I have 4 adapters from ebay, maybe started with 5 or 6. One is in my car attached to the tape adapter, one to my home stereo, one in my laptop bag...ect Some probably floating around lost somewhere. It's hard to really mess up something so simple as this, and the price makes them practically disposable. I haven't had any problems with them, other than losing them.