Anyone tried this Mini DisplayPort to DVI-I Adaptor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sclough, Oct 7, 2009.

1. sclough macrumors regular

I'm just wondering if anyone's tried this adaptor and can verify that it is DVI-I. I emailed the vendor and they claim that it is a DVI-I adapter and that it carries both the analog and digital signals. I have a few doubts about the operator that responded though. Obviously, this is not a major vendor, but if they have a DVI-I adaptor for $12 that would be very useful since you could output the analog signal via other adaptors..

http://www.eforcity.com/tothmdpdvimf.html?efprcggbadtf090605=tothmdpdvimf

2. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

are your going to connect the min displayport - DVI through to a AVG or HDMI adapter?

3. sclough thread starter macrumors regular

My hope was to have the ability to connect to a DVI monitor or projector, but also use Apple's adapter that goes from DVI to RCA/S-Video. Obviously, the normal MDP to DVI adapter won't work because it's only digital, but if this one carries the digital and analog signal it would work as well. I was planning on just getting a MDP to VGA adapter, but then I saw this and was hoping it might be true...

4. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

I was going to try the same thing as you OP,
    DVI -> DVI to S-Video, but to no avail
    [​IMG]

If you look @ the image, the mini display port to DVI is DVI-D, while the S-Video connector is DVI-I, which wont connect to DVI-D sadly.

5. sclough thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, maybe I missed this, but matching the picture of their product to the images you have posted would confirm that it is a DVI-I Dual Link adapter thereby enabling it to be used with other digital or analog adaptors, or did I miss something?

Or, are you trying to say that it's not possible to convert the MDP signal to DVI-I?