Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sclough

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
I'm just wondering if anyone's tried this adaptor and can verify that it is DVI-I. I emailed the vendor and they claim that it is a DVI-I adapter and that it carries both the analog and digital signals. I have a few doubts about the operator that responded though. Obviously, this is not a major vendor, but if they have a DVI-I adaptor for $12 that would be very useful since you could output the analog signal via other adaptors..

http://www.eforcity.com/tothmdpdvimf.html?efprcggbadtf090605=tothmdpdvimf

sclough

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
My hope was to have the ability to connect to a DVI monitor or projector, but also use Apple's adapter that goes from DVI to RCA/S-Video. Obviously, the normal MDP to DVI adapter won't work because it's only digital, but if this one carries the digital and analog signal it would work as well. I was planning on just getting a MDP to VGA adapter, but then I saw this and was hoping it might be true...

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
I was going to try the same thing as you OP,
DVI -> DVI to S-Video, but to no avail
277px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

If you look @ the image, the mini display port to DVI is DVI-D, while the S-Video connector is DVI-I, which wont connect to DVI-D sadly.

sclough

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Actually, maybe I missed this, but matching the picture of their product to the images you have posted would confirm that it is a DVI-I Dual Link adapter thereby enabling it to be used with other digital or analog adaptors, or did I miss something?

Or, are you trying to say that it's not possible to convert the MDP signal to DVI-I?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.