Anyone tried this Sprint loophole?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jharvey71884, Dec 23, 2013.

1. jharvey71884 macrumors 6502

So I was told by a buddy about this, but am skeptical.

So before porting your number and biting on the ETF, take off your iPhone and put just a regular dummy phone on your account. You can switch the ESN online.

Then when you cancel they will just charge you a dummy phone price, instead of the smartphone charge. In addition, it doesn't make your iPhone blacklisted.

Any truth to this? Wanting to use the iPhone sales to pay for the ETF, but figured it will have a dirty ESN otherwise.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This used to, might have worked. But lately they've been cracking down on stuff like this. I've heard recently of people trying it and getting nowhere with it.

A better thing to try if you want out and can do it AND wait two months is to put your phone in to roaming. Do some heavy downloading for a month straight. You'll get a warning notice from Sprint. Go another month doing this on roaming and Sprint will terminate you.

If Sprint terminates you instead of you just leaving it's ETF free.

If you are on the new plans this should not be hard to do as the new plans limit roaming to 100mb per month. The old plans were (are) 300mb roaming per month.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Or even better don't try and be a dirt bag and get over on a company, I know that sounds totally crazy.

4. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Best solution is to not use sprint at all. #horrible

5. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

Unfortunately sprint didn't work out for me I just ported my lines and am in the process of fighting the ETFs because sprint is an over congested nightmare in my area and it didn't work where I needed it

6. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

If you were having service issues file a BBB complaint - they can reduce and sometimes eliminate the EFT / I did that 19 months ago after 16 years with Sprint

7. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Here in Los Angeles I have LTE almost everywhere I go, and I never drop calls :rolleyes: