Anyone tried using LogMeIn with SL?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theBigD23, Aug 28, 2009.

1. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

I've upgraded my MBP, but not my main system. I will be using LogMeIn this weekend from a PC to my Mac Pro. Anyone going from a Windows system (Windows 7 mainly) to a SL system? Please let me know if it does or does not work. Also, a SL Mac to Mac test would also help me. Thanks!

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I have Snow Leopard installed, but I haven't tried LogMeIn yet. I'm currently copying lots of files over to the machine in Target Disk Mode, so I can't check for you.

I can try putting the LogMeIn software on it tomorrow... but I guess that will be too late. :D

4. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did see that, but before, I emailed customer support and they said they are having issues with the plugin. I thought that was odd since it was reported that it's working. Ah well, worse case it doesn't work and I have no remote for two days. :) If someone happens to check in the mean time, that would be great. Thanks again.

5. JediSkipdogg macrumors member

I have an iMac and a Macbook. Today I upgraded my Macbook to Snow Leopard and now it won't let me access my iMac. I have tried everything I can think of but it just won't work. My iMac still has Leopard on it. I can't get back to use it with just Java since I installed the plugin on my Macbook. Any thoughts would be great.

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Everytime I try to connect to another computer from my iMac running SL, I get the error message, "Unkown [sic] error loading browser plugin, please restart your browser!"

How do I uninstall the Safari LogMeIn plug-in and reinstall, or simply fix this issue?

7. theBigD23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got a response from LogMein Support that the Plug in has issues with SL. So I think the "Ok" post from the compatibility list is that it works as a host. So, as long as the computer that is trying to connect FROM is not SL, then it'll work, otherwise, it will not.

I've responded to the support request. Hopefully they'll work on a solution faster if more people let them know that this is a major problem:
    https://secure.logmein.com/support_ticket.asp

8. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

For gits and shiggles, I removed the "?dothis=verify" out of the URL and now it's prompting me for a "username" as well as "password." I don't recall ever entering a username, and "LogMeInRemoteUser" doesn't work.

9. Jay Jackson macrumors newbie

It did not work for me using SL with Safari but when I ran it using FireFox it worked.

10. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I'd like to take it one step further... has anyone tried finding a way to use the new "wake on demand" with LogMeIn. I'd like to have my 08 Mac Pro wake when I need it (but only then).

11. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Running 10.6 on my Mac, FireFox crashes if I try to connect to a machine
    Safari can connect to my PC at work.

From work, on my PC, I can not connect to my Mac at home. It appears as if the service is not even running on the Mac.

12. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I can access my Mac (with Snow Leopard installed) from my PC at work. I have to use Firefox though because Safari for Windows will not work properly.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

14. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I haven't used Logmein from a standalone computer, but I do log in sometimes directly from my iPhone (expensive app ($29), but indispensable when you GOTTA be able to access your computer away from home!)

So absolutely no trouble logging into my Mac (running Snow Leopard.)

15. polaris20 macrumors 68020

It works fine for me the other way around, that is I can access Windows XP and 7 machines from SL while I am at work. I haven't tried controlling SL, as all the towers are Leo still, and I have no need to remotely control a laptop.