Anyone try Apple's Barclay Promotion?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pngwyn, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Pngwyn, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010

Pngwyn macrumors regular

Just curious if anyone's tried it? I want to pick up a refurbished 17-inch MBP, but I'm not sure if the deal is as great as it sounds. As I understand it, I won't be paying any more than I would originally unless I don't make the monthly payments, right? That would make a 2k purchase only about 170 a month..and it would allow me to upgrade without being out of commission from a computer (as I can't afford the 17-inch without first selling my current).

I just don't know if there is some catch I'm not seeing.

2. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Keep up with the minimum and make sure it is paid off at the end of the promotion. Missing payments gets the interest added to your total.

The deferred payment program is only good for new applications though. Waste of a credit card.

3. rdowns, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

yes my girlfriend used it to grab me a MBA.

as long as you pay on time and pay it off before the period is over you'll be fine.

1 late payment and interest hits. Not payed off before period ends and interest hits.

Follow these two rules and it's a great tool to finance.

5. tim100 macrumors 65816

purchase has to be made in 30 of application according to apple webiste.

6. obey908 macrumors 6502a

No it's not. I have used the card to buy a mac mini, then I got an email after that was paid off saying I could use it again with no interest, so I bought a 27" i7

7. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I got mine in 2009 when I bought the i7 haven't received a single promotion from them. Waste of a card for me.

8. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

just ordered my mba 11.6 with it. im gonna shred it though cause ill only use it for the zero interest deal. :)