Anyone try Netflix Streaming for Mac Beta ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fab5freddy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

Has anyone tried the new Netflix Streaming Movies for Mac Beta ?

Do you need an invite to try ?

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

http://www.netflix.com/silverlightoptin
    you can sign up for the beta by just clicking that link
    So far it works pretty well, however I feel as though PC quality is still better at its current state

3. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

thanks for the link, had no idea on how to join the beta.

yay!

4. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

so far so good. to be honest, i prefer Silverlight on Mac's to on my pc.

works alot better.

5. BayouBengal macrumors regular

Nice! I was thinking it was just being rolled out randomly. I am at the point where all of my movies are in transit, should get one in the mail tomorrow and my 2 others should get received by them tomorrow.

6. OdduWon macrumors 6502a

OdduWon

Too legit to commit?

So far it has been a somewhat decent experience using the Netflix streaming in windows via Bootcamp (MBP Penryn Multi). Aside from the terribly long Queue page load times in Explorer, and the whining of my 8600GT at anywhere between full brightness and no brightness, the inability to disable the volume check "Chirp", and the fact that for the cursor to disappear in full screen mode you have to move it until the "Slide up" menu reaches it's highest point then when you leave it still, it will disappear, and the fact that I am in windows, watching streaming movies is enjoyable.

Now, for this new beta, since the windows streaming experience is so Legit, should I commit to this new Mac Beta streaming experience? Am I now giving up my ability to watch movies in bootcamp, or any other PC for that matter?

Please tell me if this is a wise commitment. I don't want to be stuck with MORE Microsoft lemons.
    [​IMG]

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Umm no. Did you even read the TOS? Silverlight is available on both Windows and Mac. The new Netflix Silverlight player will replace the Windows Media Player plug-in eventually, just right now you have the choice between the two.

You can watch Netflix streaming content on up to six computers (Mac or Windows).

8. gilles9 macrumors newbie

Link doesn't work or no beta there for mac taht I can find

9. mpshay macrumors 6502

I've got it set up on 3 Macs (2 Minis & a 24" imac) and I'm very happy with the results. In fact I just deleted the bootcamp partition on one of minis because that was I used XP for