Anyone try the app ELERT?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Sep 2, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Just wondering if anyone has tried this app. I thought it was pretty cool and am using it right now.

It basically sends a preview of an email in any app you're currently using, and if you touch the screen it will automatically open up the mail app.

It's pretty neat, I found it on the rockyourphone site. It was only .99

Any thoughts or reviews?

Thanks.

2. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

3. Nanook macrumors regular

Nanook

It's not available in Cydia; it's a rockyourphone app. They have a couple apps I'd be interested in if I didn't have to install another app installer to get them.

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Well it's not so bad, i just hide the rockyourphone installer inside the dock via SBSettings.....poof, gone!

5. foob macrumors 6502

foob

6. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I'm not even sure what GRIP is exactly? Please explain.

7. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

8. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I have the elert and the tlert from the rockyouriphone... I love those two apps and highly recommend them. The elert is very stable but I noticed the tlert to freeze when the alert is popping up on a lock screen and it won't let you text using the tlert app. Most of the time though I love how both apps let you continue with your task without having to jump to a different app. I recommend the tlert and the elert apps highly.

The rockyouriphone is pretty cool apps store since you can try all of the apps or 9 days. So that's how I decided to put down the $6 for the two apps.

9. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

The only thing i don't like about elert is the fact that when you shut the mail app...it doesn't close it normally, it looks like it almost force closes it.

I don't like the look of that.

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'm a heavy texter and I love tlert. As mentioned above, it does tend to freeze on the lockscreen from time to time but I find that if I just hold the wake/sleep button briefly it unfreezes. In the pAt I used to do a respring, which was annoying!