Anyone try the Armorsuit full body clear protector?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by cruzmisl, May 16, 2015.

1. cruzmisl macrumors regular

Obviously there are a lot of people on here that have tried the screen protector. Anyone try the full body one? Overall, not crazy about having the "clear bra" line look on the watch, but if it's not too bad then...eh, why not?

If you have tried this, can you provide pics?

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

3. cruzmisl thread starter macrumors regular

haha, based on experience with the screen protector, I can see that.

4. pleomorph, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015

pleomorph macrumors member

pleomorph

Pictures of the ArmorSuit Full Body Protector

I was happy with the ArmorSuit screen protector so I decided to try out the full body protection (I tend to clang my watches against everything). I installed it last night and, yes, it was a PIA, but I am pleased with the results.

The corners near where the bands slide in/out were the hardest to get to stick down. You basically need to baby them for a half hour, pressing them down and lightly rubbing over them to get them to stay. One corner never did stick down completely and left some tiny bubbles.

From a short distance, you can't see the protectors at all. The overall appearance of the watch is more shiny. I was impressed how precise the cutouts are. Bands still slide in and out without an issue and the digital crown and favorites button were unaffected by the shield. I will dread the day when I catch the protector on something and it peels up, but for now I'm happy.

UPDATE: After wearing the Apple Watch for one day with these protectors on, all four corners on the underside are now coming up and attracting dust. When I applied the protectors, I did allow it dry overnight (close to 20 hours, in fact) and these corners still came up anyways. I think if this kit simply included side protectors, it would make more sense. A protector on the underside is unnecessary and causes this protector to curl up.

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

5. Geckoking macrumors member

It is a pain to put on, but once on you won't regret it..

Attached Files:

6. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Actually looks ok guys.

Defo worth it if you want that extra scratch protection.

I stick a Spigen Tough Armor & a black sport band on my Space Black whilst at work. Looks ugly as hell, but I don't care at work.

Keeps it pristine for all the other times.

7. Mumbles01 macrumors regular

This is my first time hearing about this, I think I may get the same.
    How thick is it? Do you feel like it will actually helps?
    Price?

8. BrianNH, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015

BrianNH macrumors member

I put one on my SS last night and all day I didn't like how it felt underneath. It felt like the armor was more sticky on the skin than the SS. I just finished cutting off the bottom very carefully with a razor. I was impressed how well it stuck on (ie how hard it was to carefully remove it). I'm happy with it now. We'll see if I keep the screen protector on or not but the fit is perfect...even the body was surprisingly perfect.

Edit: By bottom, I mean the part that touches my skin on the underside. I cut it so that I could have some protection on the sides. I don't need to protect from scratches under my watch ;-)

9. whatos macrumors 6502a

There's a saying many of you already know, it's "buyer beware"

Rather frequently a new brand of snake oil appears, becomes the flavor of the month, and buyers become hoodwinked....#

10. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Anyone know if the full body protector will work ok with the spigen thin fit case on it? Wondering if the case will cause the full body to lift up or mess up.

11. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

i put the thin fat case over mine, it will cause it to screw up unfortunatley, the way i did it so it affected it the least was put the non button side of the case first then in between the didgital crown and friends button stick a credit card or some other strong thing plastic then slide the case over the buttons while moving with the credit card so the case stretches a bit and doesnt make contact with the skin till you remove the card so the skin stays in place.

12. kingc0bra macrumors regular

kingc0bra

Why put a case or cover on a watch???

That's just horrible, what are the chances of you dropping the watch, it's not like an iphone that you're holding many times during the day....

It's not like people get screen protectors on their regular watches...people are too ocd nowadays haha

13. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Its not nessasarily about dropping it it's about hitting it against stuff and possibly scratching or cracking the screen etc.

And it's because some of use want to and for the protection

14. cruzmisl, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015

cruzmisl thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the update. I got it and had the same experience so I ended up just using the top and bottom pieces, along with the little button covers. I figure the top and bottom are the most susceptible to damage so we'll see how it goes. It's pretty hard to tell they are there from normal viewing distances. I don't mind it and it gives me peace of mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

So did you have to cut it or is each piece separate? im thinking about doing the same

16. tenfour808 macrumors newbie

interesting about the peel off. i used this protector on my fiance's watch and its been week with no issues. what i may have done different is, after applying, i used a blow dryer to dry off the edges for a few seconds at a time to ensure it settled properly.

17. cruzmisl thread starter macrumors regular

The top & bottom of watch face (two thin strips), sides (1 large piece) and button pieces (2 button sized cut outs) are separate.

The sides are actually 1 big piece that wraps under the base of the watch, with a large cutout around the ceramic/composite sensor circle.

I couldn't get the sides/bottom sensor areas to adhere right, so I tried hacking off the sides so I wouldn't have to deal with the bottom part. They didn't cut cleanly (my fault), so I just gave up on that part.

I could tell that I wouldn't like the sides much though. It definitely is much more visible due to all the little cutouts for the speaker/mic on one side, and the two buttons on the other. It's also hard to get this piece to cleaning meet with the top and bottom pieces.

18. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Ok thanks for that. I have the spigen thin fit case for the watch and was wondering if it'll fit with the armor suit? And also I'm trying to figure out what's the best spots to apply the shield? Any options?