Anyone try the Head-Direct RE0 In-Ear Headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SR71, Jun 16, 2011.

1. SR71, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

SR71 macrumors 68000

How are they? I hear they're amazing, but I would like to hear what normal people think of them.

Also, here's the links if you're wondering where to find them/buy them: LINK 1, LINK 2 (Manufacturers Store)

Thanks. :)

2. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Although not a normal person (I am a big audio enthusiast when it comes to IEM's), the normal person would find these outstanding for their price.

3. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

cubbie5150

Anecdotal, but a good friend owned these & complained about utter lack of bass (needed amping w/ bass boost) & frail build quality. YMMV

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

that is part of the problem recommending headphones/earphones some people prefer natural sounds others prefer base. somebody likes heavy metal or rap they are going to want extra base. it's better to look for people that have similar music taste imo.

5. SR71, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

I ended up going with the NuForce NE-700X IEM along with some Comply T-400 Foam Tips for added comfort and a better seal in my ear. I will receive the 700X's and the Comply T-400 tips on Monday. I will do a basic review of the IEM's when I get them and I'll also do another review for the IEM's again, but this time with Comply T-400 tips and I will post whether or not there is any difference in sound quality, comfort, and seal when compared to the stock tips. :)

6. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

For anyone wondering about the NuForce's, here is a quick review by HeadphoneAddict posted on the Head-Fi Forums.

7. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

I went through that entire 12-page thread and read every single post before deciding I'd buy the NuForce NE-700X. ;)

The biggest deciding factors: Amazing customer service, great sound, a lot of bass (but not to the point where it "overpowers" the sound) that is deep and impactful, cheap price, and lastly... excellent build quality!

Anyways, like I said, I'll give everyone my review on Monday/Tuesday whenever I get em. I'm very excited to try out these IEM's!