Anyone try the Incipio NGP for the 6 plus?

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I had a Incipio NGP for my 4 and 4s and it was great. It offered good protection. Went with a diztronic for the 5 and 5s because the NGP for the 5 and 5s didn't have as good reviews like the one for the 4 and 4s. Wondering if the NGP for the 6 plus is any good. Please post impressions if you have one.

Ashtar

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2014
This looks good on their website, but I would like to see the phone in one as well before I pull the trigger.

Comment

dugbee

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I'd also like to see real-world pics of the NGP in the Red or Frost. The one I had for my 4S was great, just the right amount of grip without being tacky. Hoping the material hasn't changed much.

Comment

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I ordered the NGP Sheer in teal for my 6 Plus and it has a very nice close fit. Protective enough (IMO) because it has a lip that comes up over the edge of the phone. Has the TPU material I like better than silicone or a hard plastic case. Goes on and comes off easily. I liked it so much the I ordered it again today on Ebay in both blue and pink.:D My favorite case for 5s was Belkin Candy Grip Sheer and since they have not announced it for the 6 or Plus, I went ahead with this Incipio case instead - it's very similar.

Comment

PayasitoCogelon

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
I had the Incipio NGP for my iphone 5 it was a solid TPU case. I'm trying to get the NGP in black for my iphone 6 plus... But its currently unavailable on Incipios website. I also recently bought the Diztronic TPU case it should arrive later this week.

Comment

igottafindbubba

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
I recently purchased the NGP for the Plus as well. For now, this is the case I am sticking with. The case is well constructed and the cutouts are good as well. I like that it offers good protection, without the bulkiness. The only thing I don't like about it is that its a little too smooth for my taste. If it had a little more grip, it would be my ideal case. I have a Diztronic on order. :D

Comment

igottafindbubba

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Yes its the Translucent Black case, however it still hard to see the Apple logo. It has to be under strong light in order for you to make it out. I would almost call it solid black.

Comment

conancn

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2005
Yes its the Translucent Black case, however it still hard to see the Apple logo. It has to be under strong light in order for you to make it out. I would almost call it solid black.
Thanks. This is what I found on the web about translucent frost if anyone interested:

Attachments

Comment

LyricalMenace

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
does the screen touch table when it's face down with this case?
Screen does not touch the table. There is a slight lip on the case.

I picked one of these up today based on this thread. I got the black and I'm very happy with it. My only concern is the case is a little slippery. Wish it had some more grip but it's good.

I'm coming from a 5S with a Belkin Grip case and they are very similar.

I called about 30 stores locally until I found the case in stock. I purchased from a "wireless zone" Verizon authorized dealer. All phone carriers should have these in stock eventually, but I had the luck with Verizon only today.

$20 on Amazon with prime 2 day shipping if you can wait a few days.

Good case!

Comment

dugbee

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I just ordered mine from Amazon. I do recall that with my NGP on the 4S, sometimes grit would get inside and managed to scuff the edge of the glass back. (I'm sure every case would do this - I'll just have to remember to remove/clean it regularly)

Too bad my 128GB SG is nowhere in sight, I'll just have to carry around an empty case and pretend. :(

Comment

igottafindbubba

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Screen does not touch the table. There is a slight lip on the case.

I picked one of these up today based on this thread. I got the black and I'm very happy with it. My only concern is the case is a little slippery. Wish it had some more grip but it's good.

I'm coming from a 5S with a Belkin Grip case and they are very similar.

I called about 30 stores locally until I found the case in stock. I purchased from a "wireless zone" Verizon authorized dealer. All phone carriers should have these in stock eventually, but I had the luck with Verizon only today.

$20 on Amazon with prime 2 day shipping if you can wait a few days.

Good case!
Agreed. ^^^

Comment

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Thanks for all the posts. Wish it had a better grip as the plus is a big phone and a good grip can make all the difference.

Comment

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I have been 6+ case shopping for a couple of days now after Spigen and iBlason basically lied about shipping on their cases. I have tried quite a few cases at a couple of stores and 2 stood out; the Incipio Dual Pro and NGP. I ended up with the NGP as its thinner and adds less bulk. I can't ask for much more in a case especially with a phone this size. It is right there with Diztronic for fit and finish, probably a bit better. My only wish is for a the lip to be outlines in the glossy material. I think this always sets a case off a bit and looks great. I also wish the sheer black was more see through. I always thought I would like the frost case more on my white phone but it just doesn't look as good. If the black was a bit more translucent it would be perfect.

Comment

igottafindbubba

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
how do you like the combo?
I considered the Spigen protector to be only a temp solution. It did provide great clarity for the screen, but I have since removed it. I am now looking for a glass solution but it seems it may be a while before I find a good one.

Comment

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I have been 6+ case shopping for a couple of days now after Spigen and iBlason basically lied about shipping on their cases. I have tried quite a few cases at a couple of stores and 2 stood out; the Incipio Dual Pro and NGP. I ended up with the NGP as its thinner and adds less bulk. I can't ask for much more in a case especially with a phone this size. It is right there with Diztronic for fit and finish, probably a bit better. My only wish is for a the lip to be outlines in the glossy material. I think this always sets a case off a bit and looks great. I also wish the sheer black was more see through. I always thought I would like the frost case more on my white phone but it just doesn't look as good. If the black was a bit more translucent it would be perfect.
Does the lip offer decent protection?

Comment