Anyone try the Incipio NGP for the 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ramio, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I had a Incipio NGP for my 4 and 4s and it was great. It offered good protection. Went with a diztronic for the 5 and 5s because the NGP for the 5 and 5s didn't have as good reviews like the one for the 4 and 4s. Wondering if the NGP for the 6 plus is any good. Please post impressions if you have one.

2. Ashtar macrumors regular

This looks good on their website, but I would like to see the phone in one as well before I pull the trigger.

3. dugbee macrumors regular

I'd also like to see real-world pics of the NGP in the Red or Frost. The one I had for my 4S was great, just the right amount of grip without being tacky. Hoping the material hasn't changed much.

4. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I ordered the NGP Sheer in teal for my 6 Plus and it has a very nice close fit. Protective enough (IMO) because it has a lip that comes up over the edge of the phone. Has the TPU material I like better than silicone or a hard plastic case. Goes on and comes off easily. I liked it so much the I ordered it again today on Ebay in both blue and pink.:D My favorite case for 5s was Belkin Candy Grip Sheer and since they have not announced it for the 6 or Plus, I went ahead with this Incipio case instead - it's very similar.

5. PayasitoCogelon macrumors newbie

I had the Incipio NGP for my iphone 5 it was a solid TPU case. I'm trying to get the NGP in black for my iphone 6 plus... But its currently unavailable on Incipios website. I also recently bought the Diztronic TPU case it should arrive later this week.

6. guitarguy316 macrumors regular

I'm looking for this for my 6. Amazon or incipio are oos. Is it sold in stores anywhere? One review on incipios website said walmart?

7. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I ordered first one off Incipio website and others from Ebay. I think Best Buy website might have them too.

8. igottafindbubba macrumors newbie

I recently purchased the NGP for the Plus as well. For now, this is the case I am sticking with. The case is well constructed and the cutouts are good as well. I like that it offers good protection, without the bulkiness. The only thing I don't like about it is that its a little too smooth for my taste. If it had a little more grip, it would be my ideal case. I have a Diztronic on order. :D

9. igottafindbubba macrumors newbie

Oh, and here are some pics:

Attached Files:

10. conancn macrumors member

is it translucent black? can't tell from your pics.

11. igottafindbubba macrumors newbie

Yes its the Translucent Black case, however it still hard to see the Apple logo. It has to be under strong light in order for you to make it out. I would almost call it solid black.

12. conancn macrumors member

Thanks. This is what I found on the web about translucent frost if anyone interested:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      119.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      61.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      105.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Tgrey macrumors member

does the screen touch table when it's face down with this case?

14. LyricalMenace macrumors member

Screen does not touch the table. There is a slight lip on the case.

I picked one of these up today based on this thread. I got the black and I'm very happy with it. My only concern is the case is a little slippery. Wish it had some more grip but it's good.

I'm coming from a 5S with a Belkin Grip case and they are very similar.

I called about 30 stores locally until I found the case in stock. I purchased from a "wireless zone" Verizon authorized dealer. All phone carriers should have these in stock eventually, but I had the luck with Verizon only today.

$20 on Amazon with prime 2 day shipping if you can wait a few days.

Good case!

15. dugbee macrumors regular

I just ordered mine from Amazon. I do recall that with my NGP on the 4S, sometimes grit would get inside and managed to scuff the edge of the glass back. (I'm sure every case would do this - I'll just have to remember to remove/clean it regularly)

Too bad my 128GB SG is nowhere in sight, I'll just have to carry around an empty case and pretend. :(

16. igottafindbubba macrumors newbie

Agreed. ^^^

17. C-Dub macrumors member

does the iPhone 6 / 6+ NGP case come with a screen protector?

18. igottafindbubba macrumors newbie

The NGP does not.

19. Hec983 macrumors member

What's screen cover is that??

20. igottafindbubba macrumors newbie

Spigen Crystal

21. Ramio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Thanks for all the posts. Wish it had a better grip as the plus is a big phone and a good grip can make all the difference.

22. teabonesteak macrumors regular

how do you like the combo?

23. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I have been 6+ case shopping for a couple of days now after Spigen and iBlason basically lied about shipping on their cases. I have tried quite a few cases at a couple of stores and 2 stood out; the Incipio Dual Pro and NGP. I ended up with the NGP as its thinner and adds less bulk. I can't ask for much more in a case especially with a phone this size. It is right there with Diztronic for fit and finish, probably a bit better. My only wish is for a the lip to be outlines in the glossy material. I think this always sets a case off a bit and looks great. I also wish the sheer black was more see through. I always thought I would like the frost case more on my white phone but it just doesn't look as good. If the black was a bit more translucent it would be perfect.

24. igottafindbubba macrumors newbie

I considered the Spigen protector to be only a temp solution. It did provide great clarity for the screen, but I have since removed it. I am now looking for a glass solution but it seems it may be a while before I find a good one.

25. Ramio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Does the lip offer decent protection?