Anyone try the iPhone 3G in the Louis Vuitton iPhone cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by squirrelman, Jul 29, 2008.

1. squirrelman macrumors newbie

I know Louis Vuitton has had their iPhone cases out for the iPhone for quite some time now, I was just curious if anyone has had one of these and possibly tried seeing how the iPhone 3G fits in there.

2. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Since the design is so basic (and having compared extensively with my 3G and my best friend's original, they're nearly identical in size), I'm sure it would fit absolutely fine, but I have to ask: why on earth would you want to buy a $500 case for your $200-300 iPhone, especially one that really isn't all that stylish?

3. wronski macrumors 6502

4. squirrelman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I upgraded from the regular iPhone to the iPhone 3G and the 3G is a tad wider and a bit thicker so this certainly could cause problems with a case not designed for it which is why I posed the question. Secondly the case lists for more like $245 and style is a personal question. I happen to think the Louis Vuitton monogram pattern is a wonderful classic style. Like the original post said I am just asking if anyone has tried it and knows if it will fit, not anyone's opinion on the case.

What a dumb response. Please see last sentence of above response.

5. wronski macrumors 6502

It's not like I'm preventing you from getting the information you want; on the contrary I'm giving you bumps to the top. I wish you luck with the case that you eh... like.

6. slek7 macrumors newbie

I've tried!

Hey there, I had the red epi leather case for my old iPhone and I just recently got the 16 GB one and it does NOT fit :(

It is way too tight, so much so I almost broke the case as I tried to pull it out. I also know someone who had the traditional monogram version of the case and it too does not work, and she hsa an 8GB 3G phone.

I'm hoping they come out with new cases but until then you're out of luck!

(and I commend your style...a cute case is worth the money :D )

7. squirrelman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much, I had a feeling that it wasn't going to fit since it did seem like a fairly tight case. Oh well I'm sure they will come out with an updated version...

8. awtoy4444 macrumors newbie

awtoy4444

the LV store in Toronto said the new case will be here around Nov... can't wait to get my hands on one...

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Oh that's good. I've been waiting to get one of these for my iPhone as well. I think it will look really nice especially since they recently released Damier Charcoal.

10. jasny macrumors newbie

They told me it was delayed.

Louis Vuitton leathers are amazing. I know it is a personal decision how to spend ones money and what one likes, But LV is very nice in my opinion. They told me that it was delayed, although why one would delay it over the Christmas season I don't know. Must have been a huge screw up. Can't wait.

11. estella macrumors newbie

Hey, here is LV iphone 3g case. pls send email to estella@abuying.com. or posted abuying.com to your UL to see many items