Anyone Try the U-Suit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ktbubster, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

I have an amazon gift certificate and was looking to get something like a clear speck case for my SR macbook pro (i say this, because of the FW800 port that changes the case i'd assume)

I know there are quite a few threads on the spec case, but I saw none on the usuit when I looked.

usuit

Does anyone have one or have seen them? I really like the look of the leather and like the idea of it, but I was curious about how well it stayed on and fit the macbook pro.

Also, with the spec cases, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do they fit the new macbook pros? (as of this summer with the firewire 800 port?) because it seems like they don't have enough space and all the photos i see are on the CD models without the 800 port.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

3. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

I have a friend down the hall with a Speck case on her 2.2 SR - you should be fine.

4. TelaMoon macrumors newbie

Think twice b4 purchasing Speck

I have been looking for a case to protect my MBP.
    I read several posts at the Apple forums re: Speck that it actually scratches the cases.
    I looked into Usuit & it sounds like a much better choice. I emailed the company and posed my concerns and they said that the inner lining prevents scratching.

I am also purchasing the Codex 17.

Good luck

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I'm always suspicious of products that are advertised in English but with poor grammar and syntax. They appear on more than just on that product, too...

With a leather cover, I'd be concerned about whether this USuit allows for proper heat dissipation. The MBP uses a metal case because it allows for fast heat transfer, and it's already known that the Pro's tend to get a little hot on the bottom. I'm not saying it's better or worse than a plastic case, just that it's something to consider.

6. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

My techshell case scratched up my MBP never again!!!!