Anyone try Win 8 developer preview yet?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ja-in-sh, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ja-in-sh macrumors newbie

Soon I will receive my first Mac, and I do not plan on going completely cold turkey from Windows.

I am considering to try the developer preview in a small Bootcamp partition or virtual box after I get the machine.

When it comes to IT, I have an adventurous streak, though I do appreciate the "it just works" philosophy of Apple. I KNOW this is not supported by anyone, but I am curious if anyone has tried here.

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I tried it a while back. It's a GREAT OS, but wait until the Beta comes out before you use it. The DP doesn't have any Metro apps available. The Beta will, however.

3. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

I tried it out for just a little bit, but felt as though it was better suited for interaction via touch screen instead of the cursor. But other than that, the Metro UI looked pretty slick, it was like having a big Windows Phone 7! Can't wait to see the finished product!

4. ja-in-sh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank both!

I'll install Win 7 in Bootcamp first, and maybe try out the new OS in a VM once the beta is released.