Anyone trying to get iOS 6 on iPad 1?

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
1)

2) RAM is insignificant in handling no. of pixels
Incorrect. When apps are frozen in the background, each pixel is held in RAM to allow for quick switching. Which explains why the iPad 3, which has roughly 4million pixels, requires 1gb of RAM. While the iPad 2, which has a little over a million, runs smooth as silk on 512mb.

Comment

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Incorrect. When apps are frozen in the background, each pixel is held in RAM to allow for quick switching. Which explains why the iPad 3, which has roughly 4million pixels, requires 1gb of RAM. While the iPad 2, which has a little over a million, runs smooth as silk on 512mb.
I was too vague, but I was talking about the ability to push a number of pixels at any instant in a program, which is affected mostly by the GPU's speed. Of course, higher resolution applications have more data to store and therefore are going to require more RAM to deliver similar performance.

Comment

tonyr6

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Well iOS 5.1.1 runs on my iPod Touch 4th Generation but the speed sucks though. iOS 6 will support the iPod Touch 4th Generation which is based on the same crappy amount of RAM as the iPad 1st Generation but with twice the pixels of the iPhone 3GS.

I am afraid to update though knowing that it might show down the iPod Touch even more. Thank you NOT Apple for only caring about the iPhone and new iPad for getting new products..:mad:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.