Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RugoseCone

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2002
:eek: $500? Wow. My first card was $500, and the other one began at $2500 six months later. Then again, I did get my card when there wasn't a credit crunch like there is now, or like there could have been when you got yours.

Well that $500 limit card was issued in 1994, so 13 years ago. Now I don't think I have a card with less than $20k for a limit. Luckily none of them have balances.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Well that $500 limit card was issued in 1994, so 13 years ago. Now I don't think I have a card with less than $20k for a limit. Luckily none of them have balances.

Oh, well that makse more sense. There was some moderate economic trouble in 94 (not too bad, but not great) and if we count inflation, your limit makes perfect sense. You had me very puzzled there for a second:eek:

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC + Madison, WI
They are now offering complimentary Admirals Club and VIP entrance with cooperating airlines which is an overdue gesture.

Amex Platinum has offered this for years. It's not the list of double secret, super-duper Centurion (black) card perks, but it's pretty darned compelling. As someone who flies 100,000+ miles per year, the complimentary VIP club access alone is worth the membership fee.

And of course, since I don't charge $250,000/year they'll likely not extend an invite to me. Part of me thinks it would be crazy to pay the $2,500 fee, the other part would love to carry that black card in my wallet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.