Anyone upgrade from an Ipad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djnigelchung, Oct 4, 2017.

1. djnigelchung macrumors member

Thinking about the 10.5 IPP

Thoughts on the upgrade?
    I currently use mine strictly as a entertainment device. Netflix, small games, ebooks, however I want to start using it more as a laptop replacement (I have a desktop in the office that I have for my 'power' work)

Thanks,

2. baypharm macrumors 68000

baypharm

I have tried every tablet offering from Apple up to the very latest and always returned them. None can beat my original Air. It continues to perform flawlessly even after the recent OS upgrade. I didn’t like the pro models for reasons I listed in posts months ago.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

4. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

That should be a very nice upgrade.

5. Restlesslegs macrumors member

Restlesslegs

I did. It‘s a nice upgrade - but honestly not really necessary... I had high hopes for the pencil but it‘s surprisingly useless for me. However the larger screen and the overall performance are still good reasons to upgrade, especially for games (I guess), reading (I do a lot on my iPad and this upgraded scrolling does make a difference) and Netflix...

6. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

I went from an Air 1 to 10.5. One. Helluva. Upgrade.

Anybody who asks you to stick to an Air 1 should be sued. Period.

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

I couldn't ageee more.

8. s2mikey, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

My Air1 is actually running pretty well with ios11. No worse off and still runs the apps & games I throw at it without issue. Dont get me wrong, Im JONESING for an upgrade. But I can wait it out longer. Save some dough.

If anything, the 12.9" 1st gen is an intriguing buy. 4GB RAM is nice. But its heftier than I had expected once I played around with one at my local store. Probably get used to it but still. Its larger. Period.

Tough Call. :)

9. FoxD macrumors 6502a

Went from Air 2 to the 12.9 Pro 2017. Love it, makes the Air 2 feel dated. Love this thing. Size and speed rock. No way I’m going back.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 601

I went from the Air 1 to the 12.9 v2.

I'm supposed to be sharing with kids.... they think i've been setting it up for months now ;)

11. CrystalQuest76 Suspended

12. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

My Air1 on iOS 11 is, though slow at times, still chugging along (dammit!) but I too am jonesing for a Pro model (12.9”). The much larger and beautiful screen, more powerful CPU, more ram and snappier response is sofuking tempting but alas, I just can’t justify it yet. (I did get some encouraging news the other day when I realized the Lightning port was getting wonky at times. All I can do is pray it soon quits working altogether :)

13. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I did. Air > 10.5” iPad Pro.

You won’t regret it at all!