Anyone upgrade?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MrJM, Jun 24, 2016.

1. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

Hello,

I've got a sport model, have had it since launch. Recently I've been using it more and more.

I always wanted the SS model and was wondering if anyone has upgraded? Do you feel it was worth it?

Have been offered a fair price for mine.

Thanks!

Jamie

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I think you will find numerous searches of people asking the same or doing the same. If you got a decent offer for yours and catch the SS on sale at Best Buy or B&H or some other website used, go for it. You can get a SS 42mm for about $429-$399 without much looking for brand new.

3. MrJM thread starter macrumors 6502

MrJM

Well I bit the bullet and bought a 42mm SS with the red sport band for £429! Cant wait!!

4. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I just did this. Sold my gold aluminum (purchased on super sale for $250 new, sold for $239 on eBay) and bought a barely used SS for $309 on eBay. So it only cost me $70 to cross grade. I love the SS and would do it again. One thing however is that it's noticeably heavier than the aluminum. You never forget it's there as you could with the aluminum.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Love my ss

Just looks so much nicer to me but full price from Apple is expensive which is why I will likely keep this a few years of not more

3.0 update is given me what I wanted out of a new watch and that's speed

6. cdavis11 macrumors 6502

I did the exact same thing not too long ago - couldn't be happier with the decision.

I took advantage of the Best Buy $200 off weekend sale a few weeks back. I had always regretted not getting the stainless because it limited the band options - sure, they all fit 42mm to 42mm...but that space grey sport watch just doesn't look great with many of the bands available.

Went with the 42mm stainless and love it. I actually just grabbed a link bracelet from webuy - I took a chance on it, but it's genuine apple and a touch over half the price of buying from Apple direct.

7. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

You will eventually forget it's there. Just takes longer. Took me about a month.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I upgraded mine. I got the sports on launch day and then upgraded to the SS in August last year. It was definitely worth the upgrade for me as it looks better with the bands I like, modern and classic buckles.

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yes yes yes!!! If you've been offered a fair price on your sport, go for it. I spent months trying to convince myself that the sport watch was "nice too" until I finally felt like I was lying to myself and sold it on swappa and got a stainless. Didn't regret it for a second. The Stainless version is gorgeous, the Sport model looks like a toy and some of the band combinations I've seen people using on here with their sport watches have made them look even worse. The sport looks ok with a sport band or nylon band, but for god's sake people putting a milanese loop on your sport watch is just tacky! /end rant

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm still a happy sports owner, and very happy I opted not to upgrade to a SS. I have no criticisms on those who do, but for my needs/wants/budget I'm happy with getting the sport

11. BeatCrazy macrumors 6502a

Since we should be close to AW2, I'll try to temper any urges to upgrade my 42mm aluminum sport model. I love the light weight, and the case is holding up well. The ion-X glass resists the majority of scratches, but I still have more than I would have expected. The sapphire would have been really nice in combination with the lightness of the Sport version.

12. MrJM thread starter macrumors 6502

MrJM

Finally set it up. It's obviously been sat in a warehouse a while! Battery was dead, also had watch OS 1 on it. Charged and updated it (it took 7 hours to update!!) I love it, it feels amazing and I can't believe the craftsmanship.

Even if the second one comes out I know I'm going to be happy with this one! :)

13. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I love my sport and have no regrets from purchasing it as opposed to the SS version. The SS feel really super heavy to me which is the biggest reason I opted for the sport other than price. I also don't wear a lot of silver, most of my jewelry is gold or pink gold so the rose gold sport was the perfect choice for me! I do wish I could get bands with matching lugs but that's not a big deal to me, I am extremely happy with my purchase!

14. playaproved macrumors 6502

I started off with the Space Grey Sport on launch day last year. As soon as they introduced the Space Black SS with the black sport band, I upgraded and have never looked back.