Anyone upgrading from a 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedon1, Sep 14, 2016.

1. thedon1 macrumors 6502

I've had my iPhone 6 for 2 years now and while i've got a 7 ordered, I'm not not sure if I should just keep my 6 for another year.

For those that are upgrading from a 6 to a 7, why?

2. DadBod630 macrumors regular

I dunno, but do you have any other hard life decisions that you would like to run past us too?

3. jffluis macrumors regular

jffluis

Reasons to upgrade from my 6 64GB to 7 + 128GB Jet Black:

-Battery
    -Battery
    -Battery
    -New Color (Jet Black)
    -Better Screen
    -Water Resistance.
    -Stereo Speakers

4. Slava macrumors member

Slava

Don't forget the Cameras, 3D Touch, haptic feedback and fast Touch ID, and battery.

5. AhemThisGuy macrumors member

6. bkrbyndr macrumors member

bkrbyndr

I upgrade from 6 plus 64Gb to 128GB 7 jet blaaaaaack I need no reason it's just apple ❤️

7. hirsthirst macrumors regular

hirsthirst

I have a 6, skipped the 6S and have preordered a 7 Plus:

- chickened out of going Plus last time, now see the benefit of a bigger screen
    - was underwhelmed by peek & pop initially, but now IOS10 makes that more interesting
    - camera is a worthwhile upgrade for me, I use it a lot
    - water resistance is a step forward
    - I like the matte Black

Certainly not 'a need', but definitely 'a want' after two-years, I wouldn't have bothered going from a 6S to a 7.

8. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

9. chrizzz09 macrumors regular

Oh oh me too, me too! Can I make a thread with "Anyone upgrading from a 5s"? I was in the same situation when the 6 released, but it didn't give me enough good reasons to upgrade.

Reasons to upgrade from 5s to 6:
    -bigger screen
    -better battery life
    -and uhh...that's it... I guess...

The 6 is just a bigger 5s with a new form factor basically...

But now things have changed!
    Reasons to upgrade from 5s to 7:

-bigger screen
    -much better battery life
    -faster Touch ID
    -3D Touch
    -Pressure sensitive home button
    -haptic feedback
    -much better screen
    -much better camera
    -much better processor
    -stereo speakers
    -water resistent
    -new color
    -new design (coming from 5s)
    -Apple Pay
    -32GB starting storage

That's now kinda worthy for me...

10. outlawarth macrumors regular

Upgrading from 6+ 64GB space gray to 7+ 128GB in silver.

My 6+ has served me well but the constant reloading of tabs in safari due to limited ram was becoming a little annoying.

11. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm real tired of that after two years now. Man it's hard to believe the plus has been in my hands for 2 years in a way though. People still ask me if its the "big iPhone" sometimes. But not everyone is a tech junky like us on the forums here.

12. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

I'm upgrading from a 6S+. Do I NEED to? Probably not in the grand scheme, but I want to, there are enough new features to make it exciting and different, it's the only camera I use so I always go for the improvement of the camera, and if I can afford to do it, why wouldn't I?

13. daydayvol macrumors regular

Upgrading from my six because I'm tired of carrying a phone the size of the plus (but thicker) because my battery is bad. I almost got the plus but as a everyday phone I think it is too big for me. The 7 seems like the right size.

14. PerfectChaos macrumors newbie

I'm upgrading from a 6 as well. Was initially going to skip it, but after the free iPhone 7 offer from AT&T, I went for it. Should be a pretty solid upgrade!

15. SaltedV8 macrumors member

I think I will upgrade but my biggest concern is that, with the new upgrade processes, I am afraid to touch my plan because I have managed to keep my unlimited data with AT&T. So, I am going to make absolutely sure whatever I do, I get the new 7+ and keep my unlimited data plan. Otherwise I am waiting until the iPhone 8. Unlimited Data is more important to me that this particular upgrade

16. DaveOP macrumors 65816

What are the goats names? Genuinely curious :)

17. OC513 macrumors 6502

On a 6plus and due for an upgrade, I get a new one every other year since the first one. I am sitting this one out as I am hoping next year for the 10th anniversary they will completely change the design. I am hoping for no forehead and no chin, one sheet of glass please.

18. lelloz macrumors member

i was wondering the same, especially after the rumors about the next year model. However, I've always updated every two year since the first iPhone. It's become so much a tool for my day to day life that I budget it like an utility in my yearly expenses :)

19. torontoapple macrumors member

torontoapple

I also have 6plus and pre ordered 7pls. Cant wait for it to come it . I think its a big upgrade from 6 to 7

20. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I have a 6 and arrived to work at 8:15 this morning with 55% battery life. So yeeeeeah, I'm upgrading. I could replace the battery I guess but why?

21. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

I'm upgrading from a 6+ 64GB to a regular 7 128GB. The plus is just too big for me, and now that the smaller model has optical image stabilization, I'm sold.

22. vintagebob macrumors member

vintagebob

I'm moving from a 6+ (64GB) to a 7 Regular (128GB).

Faster overall speed
    Better camera
    Better display
    Water resistant
    Force Touch
    More RAM
    Easier to handle size

I take a lot of pictures and thought about going Plus again for the dual camera but I recently bought a Canon G7XII and will let it carry the load instead.

23. NashMan2 macrumors regular

I'm going from a 6 to 7.
    Battery is a big reason. I go to bed at 90% wake up at 40%. My own fault for charging too much, but after 4 iphones, that's a habit I can't break. The camera is another reason. Faster processor? Only as fast as my internet connection - I find. I've second guessed since ordering, but I just want it.

24. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Going from 6 to 7+...I think lol Will wait to see what the plus is like when it arrives to decide if I will eventually be going from 6 to 7.

25. azpekt macrumors regular

on 6+ 128Gb
    not going to upgrade because of:
    - same design, battery life, almost identical display, pretty much all the same
    - camera and 3gb RAM are cool, but they alone cannot justify migration to 7+