Anyone upgrading from an iPhone 4 to a 6 or 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Sep 28, 2014.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I am curious with those MacRumors members who have held onto the iP4 all this time to now upgrade four generations of iPhone to the 6 (+).

Your experiences? And oddly- what took you so long?

2. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Well, if a 4S counts, I will say that my old phone looks minuscule now after getting a 6.

3. Ry&EmsMom macrumors newbie

Yep-I went from a 4S to a 6. I wasn't in any rush to upgrade and was fine with my old one. Now that I have a 6, the 4S looks SO small in comparison! I am glad I waited. My husband was also going to upgrade his phone with me but a year ago he lost his and got a 5S. Probably the best option for him though because he is a bit more reluctant about the larger screen size.

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I'm one of the few still using my iPhone 4 picked up in September of 2010. I still have the original box with the AT&T recipe inside of if somewhere in my closet. I've done some maintenance over the years; notably a battery replacement last fall and a new glass back just a few weeks ago due to a scratched camera lens. Other than that the phone operates fine. In terms of software iOS 7 in a way signaled the coming end of an era with the onboard GPU showing its age. iOS 7.1 did improve the experience quite a bit, though.

I'm not in a big rush to upgrade at this time. The phone still does what it was intended to do without comprising any features. At this rate I can see myself getting another year or so out of it before applications stop supporting it. At that point I'll reevaluate my options.

5. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

I've still got an iPhone 4. I've been holding out for a larger/wider screen. Just ordered 2 iPhone 6 phones -- one for me, one for my wife.

6. nic78 macrumors newbie

I went from a iPhone 4 to a iPhone 6 4.7. Amazing difference, so fast so responsive. I love it.

7. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I've had 2 of the iPhone 4.
    It's great, but it's time to move on. I'm planning on getting an iPhone 6 sometime in October/November/December.

:D

8. Rideherhard macrumors 6502

I went from iPhone 4 to the 6... 16gb was way too small and the bigger screen was what I wanted. Didn't upgrade in the past as screen wasn't that big of a difference. So far really like the iPhone 6, battery life isn't as good as I thought it would be but I just did the update and I think it's getting better battery life now, I'll have to wait and see.

9. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

My wife went to a 6 from a 4. She loves it.

I don't even think the screen is the best part for her. The 4 on iOS 7 was like running Mavericks on a G3 iMac.

10. mhdena macrumors 6502

You all with 4 & 4s do know you can get $200 from your carrier for those phones I hope?

11. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

12. tperadenic macrumors newbie

Never heard of this before. I'm in Canada so doubt it applies but still interested in knowing what the deal is.

I've got a 4 and just ordered a 6. The 4 still works fine but really seems slow when I use my wife's iphone 5. The 6 should be even better.

13. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

All major US carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint)

Will give you $200 for old iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c or $300 for old iPhone 5s towards a purchase of a new iPhone 6/6+

14. adn rcd dly macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

I'm planning on going from my 4S to a 6+. What took me so long was mostly the fact that my brother took my upgrade and then his own. So I had to wait quite a bit. I became eligible in June but knew a new phone was on its way, so I waited longer. :) Now I'm just waiting for them to be in stock

15. MrRedHat macrumors member

I’m still on an iPhone 4. We got them in Sept of 2010. We ordered new iPhone 6+’s and are still waiting for them. Our iPhone 4’s are so slow we want to throw them.

16. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

Sadly not in Canada my carrier (Virgin) was only going to give me $56 so I sold it for $150 and was able to upgrade to the 5s