Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
I’ve seen a lot of mention of 7 upgrading to XS, and 7 Plus to XS Max, but what about 7 Plus to XS...

Should I be expecting a huge downgrade in battery life? I really like that the XS squeezes a slightly larger screen into a slightly smaller body, and as such, it will be a bit more pocketable

Reactions: eVolcre

Hotpinkflamingoaz

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Az
I’ve seen a lot of mention of 7 upgrading to XS, and 7 Plus to XS Max, but what about 7 Plus to XS...

Should I be expecting a huge downgrade in battery life? I really like that the XS squeezes a slightly larger screen into a slightly smaller body, and as such, it will be a bit more pocketable
[doublepost=1538013098][/doublepost]I upgraded from a 7+ and I’m loving it. Super easy to get used to and I’m not noticing any less in the battery dept. Its a perfect upgrade!

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia

I upgraded from a 7 to xs. The jury's still out, but I might return it. I'm unhappy with the larger size. For me, it's too bulky.
To each his own. Others welcome the bigger size.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
I upgraded to the XS from the 7 Plus. Love it, no regrets

Same. Been nothing less than utmost satisfied with the XS. I really see what others meant when I read reviews with "the XS was meant for people with older iPhones to encourage them to make the switch to the X series, rather than those with the year old X".

I'm happy. I don't miss the Plus size at all.

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2006
Same. Been nothing less than utmost satisfied with the XS. I really see what others meant when I read reviews with "the XS was meant for people with older iPhones to encourage them to make the switch to the X series, rather than those with the year old X".

I'm happy. I don't miss the Plus size at all.

Agreed from the moment I put that phone in my pocket I was sold. It isn't so small I don't feel it, but it isn't a brick in your pocket either. Not sure if it is the OLED but the fonts and writing are clearer for me as I don't have to grab the reading glasses to read them :)

Reactions: Arcontia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.