Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

HIMAN1998

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Richmond, VA
I got a Wacom Bamboo Pen yesterday on Craigslist and I'm using it with my MacBook as the mouse. Anyone else do this and like it? It gives me more control. I still reach for a mouse, though.

LaazyEye

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
I got a Wacom Bamboo Pen yesterday on Craigslist and I'm using it with my MacBook as the mouse. Anyone else do this and like it? It gives me more control. I still reach for a mouse, though.

I have an intuos4 medium and while i used to use it as my primary pointing device (probably due to novelty) i got tired of sweating on the thing and wiping it down every few days. I even got one of those smudge guards to prevent the sweat factor, as i draw a lot on the computer... I ended up going back to the mouse for non-art things. I later got the trackpad as space was limited on the desk (what with that intuos in the "mouse space"

Comment

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
I used a Wacom Graphire Bluetooth tablet as my main pointing device for a couple of years, except when playing games. I only really stopped once I added a third screen which made the tablet impractical to use due to the mapping of the screens to the tablet. I just never got back into the habit of using the tablet as my main pointing device after that.

Nowadays I'm on a MBP and mainly use either the built in touchpad or a Magic Mouse.

Comment

iamgalactic

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
used a wacom instead of mouse for about 10 years - hate having to use a mouse when on someone else's machine

have it setup as mouse rather than mapped to the screen except for drawing - this would resolve problems with mapping across multiple screens

only use a mouse for gaming now

Comment

noludsns

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2013
Yeah I use my Bamboo, prefer to the mouse although I do reach for it every now again for games.

Comment

kumquat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
I have a large Intuos5. It's not anywhere near as useful as a touchpad as the Apple trackpad is. And it's huge and mapped to my monitor so my arm would be all over the place. No.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.