Anyone use a Wacom tablet as an everyday mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HIMAN1998, Sep 21, 2013.

1. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

I got a Wacom Bamboo Pen yesterday on Craigslist and I'm using it with my MacBook as the mouse. Anyone else do this and like it? It gives me more control. I still reach for a mouse, though.

2. LaazyEye macrumors regular

I have an intuos4 medium and while i used to use it as my primary pointing device (probably due to novelty) i got tired of sweating on the thing and wiping it down every few days. I even got one of those smudge guards to prevent the sweat factor, as i draw a lot on the computer... I ended up going back to the mouse for non-art things. I later got the trackpad as space was limited on the desk (what with that intuos in the "mouse space"

3. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

I used a Wacom Graphire Bluetooth tablet as my main pointing device for a couple of years, except when playing games. I only really stopped once I added a third screen which made the tablet impractical to use due to the mapping of the screens to the tablet. I just never got back into the habit of using the tablet as my main pointing device after that.

Nowadays I'm on a MBP and mainly use either the built in touchpad or a Magic Mouse.

4. iamgalactic macrumors regular

used a wacom instead of mouse for about 10 years - hate having to use a mouse when on someone else's machine

have it setup as mouse rather than mapped to the screen except for drawing - this would resolve problems with mapping across multiple screens

only use a mouse for gaming now

5. noludsns macrumors newbie

Yeah I use my Bamboo, prefer to the mouse although I do reach for it every now again for games.

6. kumquat macrumors regular

kumquat

I have a large Intuos5. It's not anywhere near as useful as a touchpad as the Apple trackpad is. And it's huge and mapped to my monitor so my arm would be all over the place. No.