Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I use a 9x12 and I've found it to be too big for most of the stuff I do - but i do love it, especially using the pen and its sensitivity.

If I were to get one again, I'd go with the 6x8 I think.

D

Das

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
I've used the cheap (100 buck one) and it works dandy. The others were just too large, plus with the smaller one I can carry it around w/my ti book. So, I guess it really depends on your budget and how large your deskspace is.

Schiffi

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Missouri
I do, haven't used it much (driver is a bit messed up, but only if you use Hotspots). It does work well ($99), and I drew this

schiffichar.png

jbomber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
Brooklyn - NYC
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
I use a 9x12 and I've found it to be too big for most of the stuff I do - but i do love it, especially using the pen and its sensitivity.

If I were to get one again, I'd go with the 6x8 I think.

D

same here. i bought it on ebay because it was super cheap, but it's pretty big and ungainly... the 6x8 is probably the way to go.

personally tho, i'm a lot more adept at using the mouse to draw directly on the computer. the other designers on the job think i'm abosolutely crazy since they all have wacoms and i'm just pushing around this giant kensington mouse...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.