Anyone use an Acer display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Joshh1, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Joshh1 macrumors regular

Joshh1

Stupid question, but I'm going to get a new monitor tomorrow.
    I'm looking at Acer LCD's but haven't seen anything on them about a Mac, Just wanted to make sure it'd be compatible, before I spend the money. :rolleyes:

I see no reason that it wouldn't be but I just want to make sure. Thanks guys.

2. 6mt15 macrumors member

I just picked up a ACER P221W last week and have been very hapy with it running with my Macbook. Compatibility is not an issue, and the picture seems great to me too. Have fun with your new display!!

3. Joshh1 thread starter macrumors regular

Joshh1

4. metroid87706 macrumors regular

metroid87706

Acer X193w. Love it. Great picture. BRIGHT too.

5. Joshh1 thread starter macrumors regular

Joshh1

I actually ended up going with a Dell SE198WFP 19''.

I was short a few bucks on the Acer 20'' they had. :p

Thanks for the input. :)

6. jesusfreak55 macrumors member

i love my acer, i bought a p223w and i am sooo glad i got this one, i use it with my macbook and would very highly recommend it

7. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

this is my temporary display that I'm borrowing from my roommate which has 2 24-inch accer's, there a great display and bright he got it for $350 at office depot here in san diego

8. xJOEx007x macrumors newbie

Acer Display

Hey i need some help with my macbook... i just bought a new mini dvi to vga adapter. i hooked it up to my acer p221w and the monitor says there is a cable connected but there is no incoming signal...? i have no idea what the problem is and i heard that from "Geek squad" themselves.
    Also i can see the second monitor under "Displays" an can rearrange it and what ever but still nothing to monitor itself. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

9. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Any display that supports your input type will work--and that's the majority of monitors. (I'd say most probably end up hooking up their LCD via DVI and, depending on your Mac, some sort of adapter, like Mini DisplayPort-to-DVI--or directly if you're lucky enough to have the same connector on both ends. But if you really have a G4 cube as in your sig, IIRC you'll need either a relatively expensive ADC to DVI connector or a monitor that accepts VGA input.)

10. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I have an Acer X183H. I love it. I wish I could have gotten a bigger one, but this was the largest one that could fit on my desk. I love it! The colors are not as vivid as my MBP's display, but I got this Acer display on sale for $110 with a $20 mail in rebate, which brought the price down to $90. It is an amazing display, for the price! :D:D:D

11. Hilmi Hamidi macrumors 6502

I have Acer H233H.
    Got 1 dead pixel, not a big deal to me.
    I just love the 80,000:1 contrast ratio.