Anyone use Audiotorium?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Chris Rogers, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

2. DKatri macrumors 6502

I'm pretty interested to see what people think about this it's one of the apps I held off on buying because I already have soundpaper, but this looks much more polished.

3. Chris Rogers thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

That's exactly the situation I'm in.
    The big things so far:
    - it allows you to export the audio in a format that can be listened to on iPhone.
    - it uses DropBox.

This doesn't allow you to draw, but with most of these note taking apps, I find drawing unnecessary and maybe a little cumbersome to use.

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Most of the reviews seem credible and would make me a bit nervous. Seems more neutral rather than positive.

5. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

I'm using it now because it has a simpler interface than Soundpaper and the several other notetaking apps I have. Those more complicated apps are too cumbersome to use on a daily basis. I'll keep trying to find the best note app for me, but right now the most complicated thing about Audiotorium is its name.

I do wish it had a drawing capability, so I could circle items, and a search function, etc., but for now it's the one I'm using.

6. THiPad macrumors member

I read on their Twitter page that they are coming out with "handwriting" feature soon. (no date given).

I find that the audio playback in Audiotorium is sooo LOW... (compared to the playback using the Free App: AudioMemos. The only problem with AudioMemos is that there is no ability to type notes in the app. :()

7. mgemmons macrumors newbie

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I'm the creator of Audiotorium Notes for iPad. Essentially, my approach for the app is to focus on what's important and to make it the best user experience it can possibly be. It's never going to be as complex as an app like Evernote, but that is by design. If a feature is not directly related to taking text or audio notes, it probably won't make it into our app. Having said that, though, we want our users to love the app and to look forward to using it. So, we are very responsive to requests for improvements. We're happy to add anyone with enough interest to our beta testers list to receive our interim ad hoc builds.

THiPad, to address your issue with low audio playback -- we take the input signal from the mic without any munging at all. Unless AudioMemo is doing something creative on playback, like real-time waveform expansion to boost audio (which isn't particularly easy and eats battery life like there's no tomorrow) then audio output for a given audio input should be exactly the same. I'll take a look and do some tests and see what I come up with.

In the meantime, feel free to shoot me an email with any questions or requests you have.

Michael G. Emmons
    Founder, App Apps, LLC
    http://app-apps.com
    twitter: @appapps

8. THiPad macrumors member

Thank you Michael for replying to my audio comment. Let us know
    if the playback can be enhanced a bit.

THiPad, to address your issue with low audio playback -- we take the input signal from the mic without any munging at all. Unless AudioMemo is doing something creative on playback, like real-time waveform expansion to boost audio (which isn't particularly easy and eats battery life like there's no tomorrow) then audio output for a given audio input should be exactly the same. I'll take a look and do some tests and see what I come up with.

In the meantime, feel free to shoot me an email with any questions or requests you have.

Michael G. Emmons
    Founder, App Apps, LLC
    http://app-apps.com
    twitter: @appapps

9. THiPad macrumors member

I used Audiotorium this past weekend to take notes and record a talk given at our congregation. It worked fine. I look forward to using this app when you add the ability to make written notes too!!:)