Anyone use cha-ching?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mwxiao, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mwxiao macrumors regular

Hey,

I got cha-ching from the MacHeist bundle sale. It seems a light software, which is good for me 'cause I am just using it to track my expense.

One feature I can not find is how to draw a pie figure of income/expense according to categories? I really think this should be a very basic feature for every finance software.

I wrote to the development group but got no reply. I was hoping anyone here knows how to do that.

Thanks!

2. stomer macrumors 6502a

Pretty much why I can't use Cha-Ching. It looks like a nice piece of software but if all it does is record transactions, then that's pretty much useless to me. I'm still using MS Money in VMware, and I'd love to get rid of it.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Intuit is doing a complete rewrite of Quicken for '08 so you may be in luck this year.

4. stomer macrumors 6502a

Yeah, well I'm in the UK, and Quicken dropped out of the UK market for consumer finance software a few years ago. I'd be surprised if they were to make a comeback. When that happened, MS stopped updating MS Money for the UK market. At the moment there is no up-to-date consumer finance software being sold in the UK and it doesn't look like that's going to change in the future.

5. numlock macrumors 68000

Have been testing it and it dosent seem to be there. Otherwise its a pretty fine and intuitive looking/working application.

mymoneyminder is a rather cheap simple software to track income and expenses and offers graphs

6. -g- macrumors newbie

I got Cha-Ching as part of the bundle as well and was wondering if it was any good. The feature set looked a little thin on their web site. A quick Google search answered the question for sure when I ran across this post. (Though I disagree with the statement that it applies to Mac software as a whole).

I was able to get rid of Quicken in Parallels by switching to Moneydance. It relieved many of my headaches with Quicken. Depending on what you need, it is a great application.

With Intuit rewriting Quicken for Mac and reducing the already anemic feature set, I wouldn't hold your breath there.

-g