Anyone use Entourage instead of Mail/iCal etc?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Apr 29, 2010.

?

What do you use?

1. Mail + iCal

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. MS Entourage

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Other (Plz Specify)

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Anyone use MS Entourage 08 instead of Mail/iCal?

I have been a Mac user since 10.3 and have never used Mail and iCal until 2009.

Now I bought Office 2008 for word and excel and powerpoint but am unsure If I want to cheat on Mail and iCal with entourage lol

what do you all use?

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

My wife uses Entourage on her work computer and isn't too high on it, but doesn't like Mail, either, so she uses iCal and Gmail's web mail on her home computer.

I personally have never used Entourage and think that Mail and iCal are just fine. Not perfect by any means, but they do what I need them to.

3. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I use Entourage and Thunderbird. Entourage because the Calendar works Ok with the Exchange calendar at work -- theoretically, iCal does too, but, I could never get it to work the way I want.

So, Entourage is for use with Exchange. I use Thunderbird to store all my archived mail. Thunderbird doesn't mind 100 folders with 10K messages in them. Entourage isn't built for that. I save all my old mail, so I need something that can handle 25 years worth.

4. Sweetmate macrumors newbie

Entourage is dreadful. I was forced to use it at my last office because they couldn't be bothered to upgrade from Exchange Server 2003 to 2007/2010. Am no longer forced to touch it thankfully!!

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use Entourage only before Mail sucks in terms of exchange support; I like Outlook and am looking forward to that.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

@work.. we were a Lotus Notes house (30,000+ users) and we're in the process of switching to Exchange. I was one of the first 100 to move to Exchange and now use Entourage as my daily email/calendaring/etc app. I quite like it.

@personal.. I've always used Mail since it was introduced. It replaced Eudora as my mail app of choice.

7. calb macrumors 6502

Mail and iCal for me. I can't stand Entourage, but I'm willing to see what Outlook brings to the table.