Anyone use Filemaker Pro 12?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snowydog, Jan 20, 2013.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

Hi All

Anyone use this Mac App? I know they have a Windows version too.

How do you find it?

I'm currently developing a database for work - at the minute, I'll be the only one using it, but with a new Operations Manager starting at the end of February, and the potential for tidying up the workflow processes, it could potentially be used by another 7-8 people, albeit they will use the Windows version.

I like it - just learning my way around it at the minute - still a few things I want to be able to do but don't know how at the minute .. but I know they can be done.

I did Computer Science for A-Level and we developed databases using Access back in 2006. Struggling to get my head around the Relationships aspect again .. but with reading around and Youtube, I'm slowly getting there

Anyone else use it?
    What ways to you use it?
    How large are your databases? Many relationships? Basic? Advanced?

:)

2. rgfincher macrumors newbie

rgfincher

Hi. Glad you're enjoying using FileMaker Pro. I prefer it to Access. I've run my web and email hosting and development business using FileMaker Pro for 16 years, having first comes cross the product in 1989. I would recommend it, especially where cross-platform (Mac and PC) and networking (both peer-to-peer and client-server) are important. We also offer FileMaker Pro hosting from our Datacentre.