Anyone use FlyaKiteOSX on PC?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bowlman23, Jul 8, 2007.

1. bowlman23 macrumors regular

I saw this program. Is it cool? How does it work?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

My sister has it on her PC, it basically skins windows to look like Mac OS X Tiger. It does an ok job, but you can tell it's still windows though. It does slow down her system a bit though.

3. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I used it on my old laptop. It's very good at emulating OSX but getting rid of it after using it for a year can be hard.

4. jarinehart macrumors newbie

I used it on my work laptop for a while, it drove my bosses nuts. I found that it really slowed my system down and there were still some of the underlying Windows problems. I finally ditched it and the computer it was running on and convinced those same bosses to pony up for a MBP. Now it's OS-X completely native, the way it should be.

5. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Although I hate windows more than any one else on earth, I like it to look like windows when I use it. I did use that once on a high end desktop and it done a pretty good job.

Problem is its only a skin and cant mimic the mac exactly.

6. kinesin macrumors regular

I installed it on my works XP machine last week, but it stopped itunes from opening so switched back - shouldn't have been using it in the office anyway :p

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I used it for quite a few months of waiting for the Intel iBook...it never came...
    I'm not that stupid, of course I got a Macbook when it came out

8. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I tried it on my old PC. It looks okay but it performs nothing like the real OS X :p