Anyone use gamefly?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Kurri, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Kurri macrumors 6502

curious how the service is? If you find it worth the money? I remember YEARS ago I was looking into it and found that everything had long wait times for anything new. How quick is shipping? I am in california, not sure if that helps.

2. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    When I was in college I quite enjoyed game fly as it allowed me the potential to play many games without purchasing titles that eventually disappointed me. As far as the service goes, receiving new titles promptly was a gamble, but they did come sooner than later. The added benefit of purchasing a game and receiving the box was a cool perk while potentially saving money. Customer support was great, games that ended up scratched were fixed, and shipping to SoCal was a matter of 2 days back in 2002-2007 when I had an account.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

GameFly has a shipping center at Los Angeles, so you're going to get games very quickly. The moment they scan them in for sending them back at the post office, they get notified and send you the next title. I live around Dallas, and the center here is in Austin, so yeah, I have a game returned Monday, next one comes on Thursday/Friday. Not bad.

And yeah, they're really good about damaged stuff. Just report it, and they'll send the next game automatically.

I've been a customer since 2010. New games are still a little hard to get first because they have more subscribers now.

4. Kurri thread starter macrumors 6502

sounds good. thanks! I'll give it a try for a month. seems like a good deal. games are just too expensive, this might save money :)

5. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I’ve never tried them but I hear their game selection is, “ginormous.”

6. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I have been a member for a long time, and sometimes you'll have months where nothing really interests you, however you're still paying for the service. And yet there will be other times when a few games will interest you and you might be bogged down with the games you are wanting to play and trying to fit them into your day.

The biggest thing is, if you want to try out a game and not sure if you'll like it, this is the way to go. I still buy the games I know I want, but for the other games I want to just try, Gamefly is the way to go.