Anyone use iAntivirus?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gan6660, Aug 6, 2009.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I just downloaded a free antivirues program called iAntivirus and was wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. celticpride678

I used to use iAntiVirus but I realized it was the reason of many kernel panics and crashes of Mac OS X. Also, Macs don't get virus. It is not needed and you should remove it.

4. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

So there really are no viruses for macs? I was looking for dvd cover art on this website when a pop-up came up and the website I was viewing closed and the pop-up kept moving around my screen and everytime I pressed exit another when popped-up and it said hello so I had to shut down my computer and I got afraid that I may have gotten a virus.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's a popup. Nothing more. Turn on popup blocker.

6. celticpride678

No. Macs do not have viruses. Whatever you were looking at was a pop-up and you should use the built-in pop up blocker in your web browser to not have this happen again.

EDIT: Tallest Skil beat me to it :(

7. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

Ok thanks guys I just wanted to make sure my new MBP was Ok for banking and what not.

8. kd5qhr macrumors newbie

I found this too late!

I downloaded and installed PC Tools iantivirus yesterday. Firt off, I know Mac"s don't get viruses, but I got pulled in by the ads. Anyway, I ran the program and it froze about halfway into the scan. It locked my macbook up to where I had to do a hard power off with the power button. Now, my mac will not boot! I get the chime and the Apple logo, but no spinning wheel. After several minutes, the mac restarts and it goes through the same thing. It's an endless cycle! I emailed PC Tools and am waiting on a reply. I am running OSX 10.5.7. Bad part is that I updraded this a year or so ago off my brothers family pack. I don't have the 10.5 disk to use as a restore! I have ran the disk utility and everything shows ok. I'm at a loss on this one. Guess I'll have my brother send the disk or go out and purchase one for myself. I have learned my lesson!:confused: