Anyone use Identify for tagging iTunes media?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stuaz, Jan 18, 2016.

1. stuaz macrumors 6502

So I have been using this app since the first version went public, however over the weekend, it has failed to work. It doesn't tag any media now.

Tried on different macs and I get the same issue, anyone else use Identify and having the same issue?

Or does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative solution that will tag tv and movies for iTunes?

Thanks,

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I am not familiar with Identify, but if you need an alternative you might try Subler (which does many things, but one of them is tagging Movies and TV shows). Documentation is a bit sparse, but in general it works well for me.

A.

3. wlossw, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016

wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

I used to use identify regularly... It was pretty great, but lately its been super buggy... that being said in the past when it has broken completely the DEV has been quick to update (it's usually when one of the data sources like TVDB changes api or whatever...) So it may be fixed on it's own...

As for me now I use Plex which does all the metadata for me and doesn't require me to only have mp4/m4v files which is much less headache...

*edit* So I tried identify and it works fine for movies, but seems to not work for TV shows... so see my comment above...

4. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

And upon further investigation thetvdb is down in general, which is causing this fault... So when it's back up it should be all good for identify again...

5. stuaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh awesome (awesome that it is somewhat fixed able and not an application problem!). Thank you checking though :)

6. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

So Identify is working all around for me again.

7. stuaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Works for me now as well :)

8. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I've been using Identifty for about 4 or 5 years now. No issues for me. I have also used a program from the MAS called Tag Editor Free.