Anyone use iPad for instructional manuals?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davidinva, Jan 21, 2012.

1. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Thinking of getting an iPad, so am saving up (iPad 3 will probably be here before I set aside enough). I like to play with Photoshop Elements and see the iPad as a way to have instructional manuals (and video tutorials) set up beside my Macbook so I can work on practice exercises as I see them. Anyone else do this sort of thing? (My Macbook is used with an external monitor and keyboard, but the monitor doesn't have enough screen space.

I have other uses for an iPad also.

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I have all of my owners manuals that I like to reference once in a while on my iPad. I also have a few photography books that I use. I had an old Lightroom book through Kindle, but it was not current to the recent version so I removed it.

As far as videos, as long as they are not Flash based, you are golden. My son uses Youtube every once in a while on his iPad for piano demos if he gets stuck on a song or something.

And like you said, it can be used for a ton of other uses, too.

3. maliu macrumors 6502a

Yes, I put repair manuals on mine all the time.

4. davidinva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Forgot about Flash. I suppose most of the Adobe video tutorials use Flash. There are plenty of photo tutorials on YouTube and many of them would be usable on the iPad.

5. ppfd macrumors regular

ppfd

I keep manuals, guide books and all sorts of catalogs in ibooks.

I save them in PDF and then move them over.

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I tend to misplace the manuals that come with appliances, etc, so I use my iPad to photograph the important pages, then pop them into Dropbox.