Anyone use iPad for instructional manuals?

davidinva

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Thinking of getting an iPad, so am saving up (iPad 3 will probably be here before I set aside enough). I like to play with Photoshop Elements and see the iPad as a way to have instructional manuals (and video tutorials) set up beside my Macbook so I can work on practice exercises as I see them. Anyone else do this sort of thing? (My Macbook is used with an external monitor and keyboard, but the monitor doesn't have enough screen space.

I have other uses for an iPad also.

Hammie

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Thinking of getting an iPad, so am saving up (iPad 3 will probably be here before I set aside enough). I like to play with Photoshop Elements and see the iPad as a way to have instructional manuals (and video tutorials) set up beside my Macbook so I can work on practice exercises as I see them. Anyone else do this sort of thing? (My Macbook is used with an external monitor and keyboard, but the monitor doesn't have enough screen space.

I have other uses for an iPad also.
I have all of my owners manuals that I like to reference once in a while on my iPad. I also have a few photography books that I use. I had an old Lightroom book through Kindle, but it was not current to the recent version so I removed it.

As far as videos, as long as they are not Flash based, you are golden. My son uses Youtube every once in a while on his iPad for piano demos if he gets stuck on a song or something.

And like you said, it can be used for a ton of other uses, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.