Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carouser

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2010
What a ridiculous question. Most people on these forums haven't been near a bathtub in years.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Haha to be honest one of my favorite things is to spend half an hour on the crapper catching up on the days news with my iPad :) me time lol

This is the reason why I never buy used electronics lol. Always buy new and in a nice sealed box from the factory.

jljue

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2011
Brandon, MS
Haha. iPad or iPhone, I do this constantly. Time simply vanishes. :D

I do the same thing with my iPhone, and now I want an iPad 2 to make this task more comfortable. By reducing the number of magazine and catalogs, the top of my toilet is looking a lot cleaner.

If I did the bath thing, I'd definitely get insurance that allows for water damage. Hopefully, I don't have to use the insurance on my iPhone, but my love of outdoor activities pretty much forced to me get insurance--I'd hate to not have insurance if I dropped my iPhone 4 in the Rez while pulling a big fish into my boat.

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
All I can say is that the smartcover really sticks well to the bathtub, it really does. Which make it convenient for some tasks.

duction

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
U to the K
if you have good insurance and claiming doesnt affect youre premium then sure go ahead man, steam wont do it any good though.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I do this sometimes. That said, since the iPad is not easy to hold in one position for an extended amount of time, it is kinda hard to do. I'm more used to using my iPhone in the tub. I've been doing it for over 3 years and have never had a problem. I used to place it in a zip-lock bag because I was paranoid about steam and such, but I haven't been doing this lately.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Apple products and the toilet (the iCrap) were made for each other.

I don't know about the bath though, isn't it hard to keep it dry while using it?

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
This is the reason why I never buy used electronics lol. Always buy new and in a nice sealed box from the factory.

For some reason I found this quite disturbing. I guess there's good reason not to think about such things. :eek:

Cheers,

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Been using my Evo for good 8 months to do this. Mostly catching up on TV series. Don't feel like doing this with iPad, even though I have Squaretrade insurance, I do not want to drop it in.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Gallon Ziploc bag. Only thing that doesn't work for me is trying to read in the pool in the summer. It's just too hot to read in the Arizona sun with an iPad. I've even tried the Ziploc bag trick with my Sony Reader PRS-505 (silver) and it got SO hot that I could barely hold it.

Oh well, sometimes it's good to just enjoy the moment (pool in the hot summer sun). But in the bath (or the kitchen), I use a Ziploc bag with no issues.

Smoothness

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2011
Nj
I mean how long do your baths take?
What do you do in your baths?

I bathe myself then get out. I don't soak in there for hours.

Everyone knows thats how you get wrinkles and age.

danielveeee

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
i use mine on the toilet while the bath fills up...
then i post it up on counter watching videos from the bath.
most amazing part of my day lol. urge anyone to try it

buckawheat

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
I think the question should be "How could you not use your ipad in the bath?"

Step 1: Use IPad in bath
Step 2: Drop IPad
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit! (For Apple anyway)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.