iPad mini Anyone use iPad Mini for keynote presentations?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oakrrl, Aug 9, 2014.

1. oakrrl macrumors member

Thinking of getting a retina iPad mini but wonder if it's possible to use it for Keynote presentations.

I do my content preparation on an iMac, and have been using an old (2008) Macbook Pro for presentations when I travel. But the laptop is dying. To replace it I want something small & light. I've looked at 11" MBA, but lack of retina screen is a deal killer. The 13" retina Macbook Pro is a nice machine but too large. I'd love to get the rumored retina MBA but sounds like it is months away, and I have travel/presentations to do this autumn.

Wondering if iPad would be useable for presentations. I'd prefer the mini because of smaller size; I have an old (1st generation) iPad and find I don't take it around with me because it's a little too big.

(Also - new iPads probably coming soon...but when?? My travel starts in 2nd week October.....)

I'd very much appreciate reports of your experience, or suggestions
    Bob

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are talking about presenting from the iPad to a bigger screen, through AirPlay or some other arrangement? If so, then people do that from an iPhone, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do it from a mini.

Your trip is in October? That's unfortunate timing -- last two iPad releases happened in late October, so if Apple sticks to the same schedule, new iPads could come out the week after your trip or something, :(

3. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I use my iPhone and iPad to run my Keynote presentations. It works really well. You don't even need wifi to run it. The iPad will show the current slide and my notes during the presentation.

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Apple has reworked iWork's such that the same version runs on both mac and iOS devices, so you won't run into compatibility problems, if that is your concern.

I don't see why not. You will likely need to get an adaptor as well, but otherwise, it works great. If you have an iPhone, you can also use it as a remote clicker (kinking to your iPad via Bluetooth).