All iPads Anyone use iPad to do Video Editing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Billy95Tech, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Billy95Tech, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014

Billy95Tech Suspended

I bet some users use there Ipad for video editing like for Youtube(Vlogs\Gaming channel, etc) with something like Imovie.

I am wondering does anyone use there Ipad to do video editing? and what video editor do you use on your Ipad?

Because when i get a Ipad in the future, i would like to start editing videos with a video editor like Imovie instead editing videos on my Window 8 tablet.

I am just curious if anyone do video editing on there ipad. :)

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Not professionally or for a living. I have done some simple edits with iMovie on my Air for fun, but prefer to do that kind of work on my iMac because of the additional screen. It has pretty much every thing iMovie on your Mac has so will do the same job.

Remember you can always move your video to another device to work on it or use another program. Many other programs out there. I have only ever used iMovie on my iPad. iMovie is just easy to use and learn. I have other programs on my iMac if I need more fine editing.

3. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I never tried making video editing on my Air but maybe in the future. I have done few times with my iPhone 4S, it was easy and fun to use but for professional video editing I prefer to use on my rMBP with FCPX. :apple:

4. davwin macrumors regular

I have used my iPad Air a few times to edit videos. 2 were personal and just for fun and 1 for a work presentation and all worked pretty well in iMovie. My only real complaint in doing this on the iPad was that doing detail work was a little harder on the iPad than on a PC (as expected I guess). In my case I set the audio to drop off at one section and come back in at a specific frame later in the timeline and fade out again at another section with a few video effects added to that same section. It worked but, it was a little harder to do on the iPad , that's all.

I'm not sure how this would compare to doing editing on a Surface Pro or some other Win8 tablet though...

5. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I've edited a number of videos on my iPad and iPhone. As long as you are not looking for precise control, it's an excellent way to edit videos. It's perfect for stitching together a nice vacation video using iPhone footage while on the airplane heading back home. On the iPad Air or iPhone 5s, editing is nearly lag-free, which is impressive considering this is HD video. In contrast, my PC is a quad core with 3 GB of RAM

There are limitations of course:
    • You have to have enough free storage space for all the videos you plan to edit, plus the rendered output.
    • You cannot adjust brightness, contrast, etc. of video clips.
    • There are no keyframes or precise frame based control of effects.
    • Control over audio and music overlays are limited.
    • There are a limited number of themes and title types.

I did download an alternative to iMovie called Pinnacle Studio which looks to have more functions and gets good ratings in the App Store, but I haven't tried it.

I also have experience with higher end editing. I put together two fairly professional-looking wedding videos for family. For that kind of thing, you really need Adobe Premiere on a PC.

But for fun vacation videos and other casual projects, iMovie on an iPad is surprisingly excellent.

6. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

I have done super light go pro editing but nothing cinematic. I've used iMovie and it's been ok so far. As someone else said, have to have enough free space to get it all done on the tablet so beware of that.
    (Using retina mini here)

7. rosareyes22 macrumors newbie

It's hard to edit video on ipad

I have tried edit my videos on iPad with iMovie. But it's not very convenient to handle the tool on iPad. Maybe I'm not savvy at it. But I prefer to do that on Macbook.