Anyone Use Mac Mail? What are the advantages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rob587, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I just login to my gmail through safari... does anyone use mac mail, and if so why? The idea of it just popping up on my computer is nice I guess, but why else would I use it?

2. charliex5 macrumors regular

I use it for my gmail account as well as my school email account. So multiple accounts plus all my RSS feeds in one place. Like you said its really nice having the red badge show if I have emails while I'm working on projects.

3. GabooN macrumors regular

I use it. I have my gmail set up with it. I already had my school email forwarding to my gmail so I just left it like that instead of setting it up seperately. I just started using it when I got my mac to check it out and saw no reason to stop. I like being able to access emails while not online as well, for reference etc.. and the integration with OS X (in the dock, linked with address book and iCal, iPhoto etc for attachments).

I don't have a reason to not use it, though I'm not a power user who gets 100 emails a day from various sources so I'm not sure.

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

i use it to sometimes save my drafts when I am offline?

apart from that the web interface of gmail is pretty nifty, so I use that either in safari, or fluid, more likely fluid.