anyone use northface backpack to carry 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wakeborder556, Aug 13, 2008.

1. wakeborder556 macrumors regular

2. spazattack674 macrumors regular

I use the North Face Surge backpack to carry my MacBook. It seems as though it would easily be able to fit a MacBook Pro, however

3. nbpt15 macrumors newbie

I have the North Face Surge for my 15" MBP and love it! The rear compartment fits my MBP like a glove. If you are considering getting a backpack I would def go with the Surge

4. Setmatch macrumors newbie

I use the North Face Hackler for my 15" MBP. The laptop compartment is inside the main compartment.

5. sdsviet macrumors regular

6. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

7. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I use the North Face Mentor for my MBP. The sleeve compartment fits well. I didn't want something overly bulky...I go to class, not to Mt. Everest. ;)

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I just got a Borealis, fits my 12" powerbook perfectly with plenty of space to hold a 15". The laptop slot also works for a camelbak, which is nice if I want to do something else with the space. :)

9. joequincy macrumors newbie

I have some piece of crap I got at Mervyns because I'm not climbing a freaking mountain.

Jeez... you pay too much for your computer, then turn around and pay too much for a bag to put it in. The nicer that bag looks, the more likely it is to get yoinked.

10. sdsviet macrumors regular

i stop buying crap bags due to the fact that they are crap. i still have a couple of quality bags i got thats been around for at least 5+ years. all the cheap ones i got only last like 6months. i tend to change new bags because i eventually find another bag that has more uses for me like one with a laptop compartment. i dont buy new bags because they're nice, i dont have money to throw away. i buy them because i need them and i will spend good money on them because i know they will outlast my usefullness for them (usually 3+ years). where do you leave your stuff where its gonna easily get jacked?

11. johata3 macrumors regular

Timbuk2 messenger bags are awesome to get for your macbooks. :)

12. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I am also looking for a North Face. I currently have one for school that is a bit old (8+) so I need a new one. They have awesome bags but which one fits the MBP 15" perfectly with a sleeve?

13. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

14. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

15. sdsviet macrumors regular

my northface surge fits my 15mbp with incase shell with a little bit of room. depending on how thick the sleeve, i believe it will most likely fit tho.

16. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

I got a North Face Surge too. It's great. Feels a little stiff on your back, but that's to help protect your laptop. It has plenty of space for books and peripherals. I got mine for $80 with free shipping and a free Nalgene water bottle at http://www.o2gearshop.com

17. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I got my bag for $30 (down from $80) on http://www.steepandcheap.com :D

I can't stand when the zippers on cheap bags wear out, it's just about the most frustrating thing ever. And I do plan on climbing mountains and skiing down them while wearing my backpack...though perhaps not with the laptop inside it haha.

18. aniki69 macrumors newbie

BlaqAudio is this the fall '08 model or the '07 model of the north face surge?

19. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

I wasn't aware that there was an '08 model, but it looks like I got the '07 model. I'm not sure if there is a weight difference, but it looks like they just updated the look of the bag.