Anyone use OWC's 1G iPhone battery replacement service?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shadowkahn, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Shadowkahn macrumors newbie

My sister inherited her 1G iPhone from our father right after the 2G iPhone was released, only recently has she had trouble keeping a charge on the phone, looking into having the battery replaced seems to be the cheapest thing she can do at this time (instead of getting a new iPhone).

What are peoples opinions of OWC's battery replacement services, I've bought RAM from them for both my Macbook Pro and Mac Pro - but I don't really know how their battery replacement service pans out. I don't want to recommend them without anyone else experienced input with the service. So is it a good deal? Or would she be better off going to Apple to have it replaced?

2. Jaw3000 macrumors regular

Did you ever end up using OWC/Newertech's replacement service? I'm about to get my 1G iPhone's battery replaced, and am trying to decide whether to go with Apple ($85), OWC ($59), Milliamp ($40 depending on shipping), or another service provider. Any thoughts and personal experiences would be appreciated!