Anyone use PandoraJam?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benchlegs, Apr 30, 2011.

1. benchlegs, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011

benchlegs macrumors member

benchlegs

2. dcains, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011

dcains macrumors regular

Works great for me. But . . . there is still the "Are you still listening?" nag screen every hour, and there are commercials occasionally inserted between songs (maybe twice an hour). But, the commercials don't get saved when you're recording music. I've found it easier to save the songs to a desktop folder, rather than have them automatically transferred to iTunes. That way I can delete the songs I don't want before the transfer to iTunes. Also, it saves the songs into sub-folders matching the channels you were listening to, which helps with sorting. There is one issue that would make PandoraJam better, if they decide to fix it. You open the program in its own small non-browser screen, but you're not automatically logged in. So, you've got to switch to the full-size web mode, log in, and then go back to the small window. All in all, I think PandoraJam is pretty nice, but there are some annoying imperfections that should be addressed, and I wonder how long it will be around before Pandora tries to sue them out of business?

3. Use2Play macrumors newbie

I downloaded the latest MAC version - and it did nothing.
    No recording - no sonds in any folder... can't tell what the red record button is really doing... and not even sure what good the thumb up status is - - if the trial is bad, why risk buying it?:mad:

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

The only annoyance I have with it is that you can't scroll within the stations, you have to double click somewhere on the scroll bar until it moves.

5. dhodgesnvl macrumors newbie

Works fine

I've used it regularly for over year and have it on several Macs. When it first starts you should be able to enter your pandora (free or paid) account info and then see your stations etc.

I have one hacintosh that starts the programs but then has nothing in the box. It's probably a java thing on the hackintosh.

On the others, since we have a paid account on pandora, it goes for hours and hours without a nag screen. Great stuff

6. dweezle3 macrumors regular

dweezle3

Has anyone else had an issue trying to get this to work in Mavericks? I can't seem to get any sound of out it. I'm assuming it's got something to do with Mavericks' feature that prevents unnecessary flash animations from playing (like pausing ads on the side of a webpage until you click on them to save battery), but I'm not sure.