Anyone use ProtectYourBubble iPhone Insurance?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SaturnStrobe, Oct 26, 2011.

1. SaturnStrobe macrumors member

How have you found it?

Were they very reluctant to pay out if you lost/broke it?

How much was the excess? Did it go up after first claim?

What happens to the old iPhone? Does it get blocked completely and cant be used again?

If you are on a pay per month/ pay as you go type SIM e.g. GiffGaff (UK), you wouldnt have to notify the carrier and have it blocked etc like you would on a contract would you?

Thanks for any answers.

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I have friends who use it. I've not heard anything bad, but I also don't know anyone personally who has claimed.

3. SaturnStrobe, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

SaturnStrobe thread starter macrumors member

Its all fine when your just giving insurance companies your money lol can be a different story if you want something back though.

Come on, surely someone on here has used them?

4. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

I signed up with them on launch day.

Been good communications, obviously havn't had to claim with them (and hopefully never will have to).

Its just good to have that piece of mind.

5. SaturnStrobe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but I wouldnt mind hearing from someone who has claimed as with my luck i usually go through a couple.

6. SaturnStrobe thread starter macrumors member

come on surely someone has used it, wheres the info!

7. v64 macrumors newbie

I have them for my macbook but have never had to claim so cant comment on if they pay up or not. I've found insureandgo is much cheaper for iphone insurance though, though again I've never had to claim.

http://gadget.insureandgo.com/

8. DryEyez macrumors 6502

9. Sellador macrumors newbie

Google it up. When it comes to claim, you're F'ed. They'll be sending you money what your used item is worth on amazon

10. SaturnStrobe thread starter macrumors member

All of those complaints just seem like your average moans and groans when people dont get their claims, most of the people commenting there havnt read the T&C's by the sound of it.

the wording in their T&C's is a bit dodgy at times, I guess all insurance T&C's are but this one basically says unless you get beat up and they take your phone off you then your not getting your claim. What about if its just knicked out yor pocket. And it also says you cant claim if you are in any public place lol where else would you have it stolen. Unless you go for the most expensive one claims are only up to £500 which doesnt even cover the 4S.

Any other ones people have used?