Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I just transferred a small amount of money to Simple to try it out for a month or two. I'm only using Simple for checking and that's it. My savings and retirement accounts are with a major bank. But, for checking, I don't care much about interest rates and stuff like that. I just want quick access to cash and a neat way to track spending.

I'm aware of various tech issues they have been having, such as systems failing. Anyone here use Simple as their main checking account?

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
OP - Never heard of it until now. Looks interesting, but I already get that extensive transaction, budget, and goal tracking from Mint - that also pulls in my auto loan, student loans, and Roth IRA accounts.

As my main account? No, and I probably never will. But I do enjoy having it for "front pocket money" to spend.

This is what somewhat appeals to me about Simple. Using it as a way to track out of pocket purchases and expenses better instead of having those lumped across my Chase checking, 2 Chase credit cards, and all those automated bills.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.