Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Great tweak, but why is it that it doesn't show the number of tabs you have open once it gets past 8? Is there any way to make it so it does?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The number in the tab icon is an image stored within Safari. For tab+ to be able to do what you want, the developer would have to make images for every amount or program tab+ to dynamically update it. Neither of which it currently does.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
The number in the tab icon is an image stored within Safari. For tab+ to be able to do what you want, the developer would have to make images for every amount or program tab+ to dynamically update it. Neither of which it currently does.

I see, thanks. Seems kind of stupid that he wouldn't include this feature don't you think?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It maybe outside of his current programming skills. All that the current tweak may be is set Safari's maximum to 100 tabs instead of 8. That maybe the extent of his abilities, but still I love it.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
It maybe outside of his current programming skills. All that the current tweak may be is set Safari's maximum to 100 tabs instead of 8. That maybe the extent of his abilities, but still I love it.
Yeah it still does the job it would just be nice to have the number there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.