Anyone use the Kvm switch or a software version and if so provide link??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Apr 4, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I want to use my mbp with the same keyboard and mouse that is used on my mac pro... anyone here know the software for leopard like he kvm switch??

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

4. overcast macrumors 6502a

By reading the documentation. :confused:

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

RTFM

6. FireSlash macrumors member

I'm using a belkin Flip USB/VGA KVM with mine, no trouble so far.:)

7. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Where's the documentation??

I got the instructions on how to do it on terminal.. man this thing looks tedious and confusing as hell.

8. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

With this belkin flip usb/vga kvm switch.. I want to use my mac pro 2 monitors + to be able to control my laptop's screen as well so a total of 3 screens.. is that possible with this switch??

9. overcast macrumors 6502a

How about under the menu heading "DOCUMENTATION" on the left?

10. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

I use Teleport on my macbook and powerbook. If you are on your own wireless network it is as simple as installing the software, and clicking share and it will ask what host computer is and what client computer it is, then you can move your single keyboard and mouse from one computer to another.

11. dusanv macrumors 6502

Do you get mouse/keyboard lag? Does it degrade the picture? Some of those have trouble on 2560x1600 (sparklies).

12. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

thanks guy!!! Exactly what I was looking for!!! :D

13. macsrules macrumors regular

is not as good or as user friendly as teleport.

jjahshik32,

I have more than two Macs so my solution might seem like over kill to you but some of this could work for you. Here is what I use.

I just bought two KVM switches, My main computers are DVI connectors. I wanted dual DVI KVM's but that gets really expensive so I bought two single KVM switches and used them as dual. I like it better anyone, makes it more flexible.

1. I bought this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817107456

2. I also bought this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817107457

These two together make a powerful combo. And since they are individually hooked up there is even more flexibility.

3. Lastly, I also use this when I am using one monitor on one computer and the other on the other computer and don't want to switch over. Easy Access.

http://www.abyssoft.com/software/teleport/

Number 3 might be all you need for what you are looking for and it is free.