Anyone use the paypal credit installment plan?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rzc16512, Jun 3, 2015.

1. rzc16512 macrumors regular

I'm going to be attending college in the fall. I currently have a 2011 macbook air with 4gb of ram that I bought (and paid for) refurbished in 2012 and I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade. I want a machine that is still portable but I could use vmware with to test out software, operating systems, etc. as that is something I'm interested in. I've been looking at a 2014 13' Retina Macbook Pro 16gb ram and 512gb SSD. Although I do have enough money to pay for it right now, it would leave me with little money. I then saw the paypal installment plan which would allow me to pay less that $300 a month for 6 months (with interest). Has anyone had experience using the paypal credit/installment plan?

2. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

You answered your own question really. Other than a mortgage, if you have to finance it you really can't afford it. If you can buy it outright, then do so.

3. McScooby macrumors 6502

Or you could hold til dec & take advantage of the nice 0% offer that apple usually bring out in the run up to xmas, I did it last year with paypal credit.