Anyone use their iPhone for eBay research on the go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docprego, Jan 16, 2008.

1. docprego macrumors 65816

One of the ways I am justifying the monthly bill for the AT&T service is that I often sell on eBay and was thinking the iPhone might be a great tool towards this end. I was wondering if any of you use the iPhone to research items you encounter that you think might have potential on eBay? One way I was thinking it might be useful is that the Edge connectivity would allow you to get online while you are looking at the item and check eBay to see if it is worth the asking price. Does eBay even work well on the iPhone Safari browser?

In all the years I have been selling on eBay I always wished I had the "internet in my pocket", the iPhone would seem to be my perfect device. Is it? If you do use your iPhone to eBay in what ways has it helped?

2. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

http://www.iribbit.com/

Ebay web-app for the iPhone.

I use it almost anytime I buy something, just check to see how much cheaper I can get it on Ebay, and decide if I can wait a day or two for shipping.

3. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the link, that looks great.

I was wondering if anyone is using it to find items to sell though?

4. CaptJohn macrumors newbie

Ebay and The Iphone

My wife has an online jewelry business. I help out part time. We sell a lot of her patented snap closure Silver, Gold and Platinum bellyrings (TummyToys) on our ebay store and ebay auctions. The Iphone is fantastic for keeping up with sales and customer questions. Our listing tool is Channeladvisor which also manages our Amazon sales and our web store, cue shameless plug :cool:http://www.tummytoys.com
    Channeladvisor is web based also. We can be in the car, up a mountain and even in bed on a Sunday morning and use my Iphone to check on sales. the only things we cannot do on the Iphone is make the jewelry and ship it!

The Iphone is amazing for ebay. Another example. I was looking for a new car today and was in a dealership looking at a particular used car. I was able to open up ebay on my Iphone in front of the salesperson and show her 2 very similar cars at nearby dealerships that were on ebay for less money than the one she showed me. I am still negotiating with the dealership, but have already saved the cost of the Iphone in haggling the price of the car down (probably buy it this weekend).

Let me know if you have any other ebay and Iphone questions. I'm glad to help