Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I'm not so sure why this is needed. I can play audio via bluetooth using nothing but my car and the iPad. It works just like the phone. Heck, I can even bluetooth audio my laptop with my car too.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I'm not so sure why this is needed. I can play audio via bluetooth using nothing but my car and the iPad. It works just like the phone. Heck, I can even bluetooth audio my laptop with my car too.

Perhaps older cars have no bluetooth?

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
has anyone used a bluetooth device like this in their car? looks like it enables iPad mini audio to be played over cars speakers via bluetooth. also plugs into 12v so it never has to be charged. it also has a usb port to plug the iPad mini into to keep it charged

Any such Bluetooth adapter should work fine. I have a cheap generic one from China like the one you linked to and I have no complaints.

How do you not even consider that perhaps OP's car stereo does not have built-in Bluetooth? It is a fairly new and typically non-strandard feature to have in cars. My 2007 vehicle does not have Bluetooth.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
You don't want that. You want the BTC 450

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Input/dp/B009NLTW60

Worth five times it's price and better than the Bluetooth in MB, BMW, and Lexus though that ain't sayin much since ALL car factory Bluetooth implementations suck beyond belief.

I second this. The BTC450 works great. Very easy to install and it never fails to connect. I haven't had one problem with it. Got a new car recently with built-in bluetooth so I don't need it anymore, but it served me admirably for a while.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I have a old tape deck in my 95 civic. Can this work with a aux adapter tape?

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
I have a old tape deck in my 95 civic. Can this work with a aux adapter tape?

Like this?

5060263027980_front.jpg

I don't see why not.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I second this. The BTC450 works great. Very easy to install and it never fails to connect. I haven't had one problem with it. Got a new car recently with built-in bluetooth so I don't need it anymore, but it served me admirably for a while.

I put it into both of my cars with factory Bluetooth because the mic on the BTC450 has superior clarity. Astonishing to me that an expensive car will have a fifty cent microphone in it.

----------

Any such Bluetooth adapter should work fine. I have a cheap generic one from China like the one you linked to and I have no complaints.

How do you not even consider that perhaps OP's car stereo does not have built-in Bluetooth? It is a fairly new and typically non-strandard feature to have in cars. My 2007 vehicle does not have Bluetooth.

Some new Mercedes don't have Bluetooth unless you add a $1-2,000 option package.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Would this work if I already have Bluetooth in my car and would the hands free controls work?

My car only supports one connection currently and I would like to be able to connect my iPhone for hands free phone and my iPod for music. I'm guessing it won't fully integrate with my steering wheel controls so how does it work to skip songs and stuff?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.