Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Looking at a couple magnetic Apple Pencil holders on Amazon, neither from a mainstream accessory maker so hard to put any trust in either. Anyone have or had either of these? Wondering how strong the magnet is. A magnet would solve all my problems.

I'm also looking at the Finite sleeve w/ strap but so ugly and clumsy looking.

THIS magnetic Apple Pencil holder by Kitadvicer

61icAX7RMQL._SL1200_.jpg

There is also THIS one by FRTMA:

51uG5QYIckL._SL1000_.jpg

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
The first one looks solid. The second looks identical to one I tried. The problem is the magnet doesn't hold well enough for anything except leaving your iPad sitting on your desk. I finally found the perfect case with a spot for the pencil.

HK912_AV1

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Looking at a couple magnetic Apple Pencil holders on Amazon, neither from a mainstream accessory maker so hard to put any trust in either. Anyone have or had either of these? Wondering how strong the magnet is. A magnet would solve all my problems.

I'm also looking at the Finite sleeve w/ strap but so ugly and clumsy looking.

THIS magnetic Apple Pencil holder by Kitadvicer

61icAX7RMQL._SL1200_.jpg

There is also THIS one by FRTMA:

51uG5QYIckL._SL1000_.jpg

The FRTMA sleeve is great. Sticks as shown in the pic and I can wave my iPad around quite frantically and it doesn't detach. It also sticks the pencil to the "top" bezel of the iPad when it's in landscape with the home button to the right. All in all, a good purchase in my view, I'm very happy.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
The FRTMA sleeve is great. Sticks as shown in the pic and I can wave my iPad around quite frantically and it doesn't detach. It also sticks the pencil to the "top" bezel of the iPad when it's in landscape with the home button to the right. All in all, a good purchase in my view, I'm very happy.

When you take your iPad around do you put it in a carry bag? Just wondering how it performs then -- if it sticks to the iPad in that scenario, or you have to dig it out of the bottom, or you put it in a pocket in the bag.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
When you take your iPad around do you put it in a carry bag? Just wondering how it performs then -- if it sticks to the iPad in that scenario, or you have to dig it out of the bottom, or you put it in a pocket in the bag.

I either put it in a laptop bag, or a small Ted Baker messenger/man-bag and it sticks fine when in those. Obviously excessive force etc will make it detach, it's a magnet, not super-glue :)

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
I either put it in a laptop bag, or a small Ted Baker messenger/man-bag and it sticks fine when in those. Obviously excessive force etc will make it detach, it's a magnet, not super-glue :)

Excellent. Yes, I was just concerned about slight vibrations while walking around pushing it off the iPad. Thanks for the info.

pruppert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
I have the FRTMA. I love it. It sticks very well to the smart keyboard as shown in that picture. When using the keyboard, you can then stick the pencil to the back edge of the ipad - pretty much behind where it is in that picture. When it is stuck to the smart keyboard, you can still use the ipad in portrait mode with the cover flipped around back becaus the pencil will then just hug behind the same side of your ipad but on the back. Again, it works very well for such a minimal solution. Adds some nice grip to the pencil too.

Reactions: MrGimper
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.